Chapter 38

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 38
|I'm not weak|

Leanna Russel

"I don't owe you anything, I did everything that you asked and now you're taking from me" The warden speaks. It is his voice. I knew it was his. I listen closer. I'm not sure what they're doing right now or what they're talking about but I get the feeling I'm going to find out soon enough. "You may have done all I requested but you still fail to realize that I own you and your pathetic life. It was after all my father that saved your daughter from the fire and now she breathes air" Silas speaks.

I lightly gasp. The warden told me that his wife and daughter had died in a fire that had been set to his house when he wasn't there but now Silas is saying that his daughter survived the fire. "I have paid the price that it cost. I've served your family for years and now I want out and my daughter may be alive but she grew up with other parents and has another name and has no clue who I am to her" The warden speaks. I can hear the sadness in his voice when he speaks that.

"And it will stay that way until your service is up. Don't forget that if I wanted it to I can put a bullet in her brain. It is rather easy since your daughter is staying with me after all" Silas speaks and I'm a bit confused. "Yes, I don't particularly like how you use her when you perfectly well know she has a fiancée waiting back home" The warden says. Are they talking about me? I don't get it, why would he say that I'm his daughter? I have parents who love me, there is no way that I could be his daughter.

Perhaps they aren't even talking about me at all and they are talking about some other girl. Silas chuckles darkly, even through the closed door I can hear it and it brings shivers running down my whole body. "Use her is not the right word, taking her is. I can do whatever I want with her and there is nothing you can do about it. Play with her emotions, make her feel safe and secure and when she trusts me fully, I'll crush her like the flower that she is" Silas speaks.

There is so much evil in his voice that it's unreal. "And Leanna will forever be broken and miserable, just like her dear old daddy... but wait, she has already fallen in love. Such a disgrace truly, and even when she is broken and lost she will still belong to me, she will still choose me like the pathetic little girl that she is and even then I will continue to break her until there is nothing left to break" Silas speaks.

I feel the tears sting my face when he says that and I know that he's talking about me. I can't hear this anymore, I need to get out of here. This is far too much for me. Silas has been playing me this entire time and he knew that I've fallen for him and he wanted it all along to hurt me and crush me and do horrible things to me. The tears are streaming down my face as I turn around and run down the hallway. Not even wanting to hear more of this conversation. I can't bear it, it's far too much for me. Why would he do this to me? How could he do this to me?

Everyone told me that he was the most wanted criminal in the world and I wanted to believe that he could be different. That he could be saved and that I could be the one to save him and bring him to the man that he should be inside but now I can see that he is already the man that is inside and that man is ugly and cruel and evil. The tears are going fast down my face as sobs erupt from my throat. Running down the hallways until I reach the room I throw myself on the bed in tears without even closing the door.

My heart is hurting so badly and it hurts so much that I can barely take it. The rejection that I had thought would be unbearable is nothing compared to this. This is worse than any pain that I've ever been through (even when I've not been to that much pain in my life) in my entire life and I don't know how I will be able to live with this pain that has taken over me. It hurts so much. As I'm crying I start to hear gun shots.