Chapter 35

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 35
|Beauty in the ocean|

Leanna Russel

My eyes flutter open by the sunlight that shines through the window and as soon as I was about to turn around I see something in the corner of my eyes. I jump up when I see that Silas is sitting on the bed, watching me. Did he watch me sleep? "What are you doing here?" I ask him as I sit up on the bed and throw the covers off my body because I'm getting a bit hot. Looking deep into his kohl black eyes to try to see what is in them but I can't see it.

"You looked peaceful" He speaks. His voice is somehow filled with pain and I don't get it. "I was sleeping" I say as I'm not sure what he's talking about right now. I'm not even sure what he's doing here and he did not answer that question so I'm not sure if he will even answer at all. Though that is something that I'm getting used to from him. "Why are you not peaceful around me?" He asks me and I understand. He wants me to be as sleep with him and be peaceful?

Perhaps I'm not understanding it. "I don't know" I whisper to him. I stand up from the bed and go to the closet and get the swimwear and then I go into the bathroom and change my clothes and put on sun screen. When I get out of the bathroom Silas is sitting in the same spot. I'm unsure if I should leave him there or drag him along with me but he looks so deep in thoughts that I think I should just leave since the door is wide open and I can walk out of here. I walk through the hallways that are always empty.

I'm used to that. I've never truly seen anyone except for the woman that often gives me food if I'm locked in the bedroom and Silas is in one of his meetings and can't eat with me since we always eat together. I walk until I reach the outside and the sun is so warm and happy which makes me smile as I go out to the beach which Silas told me is only meant for me. The ocean always brings me so much happiness and the way that it moves in motion brings a smile on my face.

Smiling I walk over to the ocean. I do have goggles this time and I put them on as I dive into the water by holding my breath and looking through the water. The bottom may be sandy but there are so many sea shells there and so beautiful too and when the sun hits them they sparkle. I pick two up and I have an idea. I walk back onto the beach and dry myself but leave everything there and walk inside the mansion where I go into the kitchen. Finding a string I head back outside and sit on the towel.

Wrapping the strong around the shell so it's stuck I make a necklace. May not be the prettiest one in the world but it's still something that I like and as I put it around my neck I make another one with the other shell that I picked and when that one has been completed I head back inside. Looking for Silas I go back to the bedroom where he still sits on the bed and while I have no idea what he's thinking of I know that he needs to do something with the day.

"Silas" I speak and he turns to look at me. Smiling at him so sweetly I walk over to him and put the necklace around his neck. "What is this?" He asks. "It's necklace. I found them and made these. See, now we're matching" I tell him and laugh as I take his hand and make him stand up as I drag him outside. He looks stunned and looks at the necklace that he has around his neck and then at the one that I have. "I take it you like seashells?" He asks me.

I nod my head. "Of course, they're beautiful" I tell him and we go outside. The sun is so warm but he also makes me feel warm inside and just all over. I let go of his hand on the beach and he sits down as he always does and I pick up the goggles and put them on as I head back into the water. The salt that comes into my mouth is horrible but I don't mind because I'm having so much. Even if I have to go every thirty or forty seconds up to take a breath.