Chapter 5

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 5
|The fear sinks in|

Leanna Russel

Wednesday is my busiest day of the week for I have seven patients and I only get one break and that is the lunch break. Despite having so much to do, I always find myself enjoying the day like never before. Something about the middle of the week just puts me in a good mood and as I sit in my office sipping on some tea because my throat is still feeling a bit sore and it might even be worse than it was yesterday but I am also with a patient sitting across from me.

"I loved him, why would he do this to me?" She asks me and I give her a sympathetic look. She fell in love and the two of them got into trouble and he sold her out and now she's here. "When greed plays nothing else matter but as soon as the greed is gone the love will surface and he will realize what he did wrong. But, tell me, how did that make you feel?" I ask her as I write down. She is finally opening up to me after a month of keeping it to herself.

"Angry and I don't want to talk about it" She answers as tears form in her eyes. I get a tissue paper from my desk and give it to her to wipe her tears but more keep going. "To be able to get through it, the pain you have to accept how it made you feel and you need to understand the feelings and become one with them. Only then will you find closure for the things that he has done" I tell her and she nods. "You might not know why he did what he did but sometimes you need to push the anger aside and ask, ask for the reason because then you might see it clearer" I continue.

Her tears make me ache as I don't like seeing others feeling pain or sorrow. Though dealing with the pain and feeling the pain in the heart is necessary to be able to heal and become the person that is deep inside, only hidden because of the sorrow and pain. "I feel betrayed because he was the one that wanted us to be together, he told me that we were going to move in together and start a family. He wanted that and then he left me to be arrested" She begins.

The tears are running down her face and her voice cracks but she doesn't stop. I write down every word that she says and make sure to get everything because this is important. "I was happy that were going to have a family and a life together. I felt sad because his job kept making him do dangerous things that I did not want him to do. I felt confusion when he wanted me to come along with him" She explains to me but somehow I get the feeling that she's missing a couple of part but I don't question it.

"Just two days and then I will be beating you in everything. I've been practicing" Trina says as we are eating lunch in the cafeteria. I laugh as I eat my pasta leftovers from dinner last night. Surprisingly when Adam and I were cooking it went perfectly as the two of us aren't exactly the best at cooking. "I don't know about that, I mean I have studied the human behaviors" I tell her and she rolls her eyes at me. "You and your studies of humans annoy me" She says groaning.

Trina thinks it's a bit creepy how I can sometimes predict what people are going to do next based on their feelings, behavior and personality. "I'm still winning" She then says and I let out a laugh. Trina is the most competitive person that I've ever met in my life, when she's in the zone she will do whatever it takes to win which sometimes can be rather predictable. "Yeah, but only because I allow it to happen which is not going to happen" I tell her and smile an innocent smile to her.

"Oh... it's on" She says. Both of us are thinking how much we are going to win on Friday in just two days and then we will know who is the best. Every month we have a game night, where it is just the two if spending time together, doing something that we both enjoy. We have been doing this for about three years now and it has been working perfectly. "Adam bought me a cake yesterday and we watched Titanic" I say dreamily to her as I remember how romantic it was yesterday, just the two of us with a cake and Titanic.