Chapter 20

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 20
|A prisoner but still not|

Leanna Russel

Slowly my eyes flutter open by the light that shines straight at me. Blinking my eyes and rubbing them so I could get used to the light I finally adjust to it and once I have my eyes open but still a bit tired. However, as soon as I see where it is that I've woken up, I jump up and sit up in the bed as that I'm lying on. The memories from what happened yesterday flash before my mind's eye as I remember what had taken place and I feel my eyes water.

I gulp when I see someone stand in the room that I'm in, in front of the window and staring out into the world I would imagine as the sun is shining right through the room. Making it hard to see who it is that is there. The person turns to face me and I notice that it's Silas and I can breathe a bit better. "I see you've awoken. Next time you faint, don't expect the hospitality" Silas tells me as he walks over to me and sits on the bed. The way that he looks at me with his soft kohl black eyes makes my heart flutter for some reason.

"I suppose you will have to be careful then" I tell him without meaning to say a thing and only now I realize just how dry my mouth and throat is and I need water and my stomach is grumbling which I try to hide as best as I can by moving around, pretending to get comfortable under the warm covers. He pretends being hurt as he rolls his eyes and smirks at me. "If I remember correctly, it was you who fainted. I did not do a thing" He tells me but I think we both know why I fainted.

"Because of you" I say to him which makes him darkly chuckle as he stands up and for a small moment I saw something shine on his pants and I recognize it in a second, his gun. I gulp when I see it. "Food will be brought to you in a second. Don't think of yourself as my guest because you are not. You are my prisoner and this is your prison" He says with a smirk on his face as I realize that meaning.

He was once the prisoner in a prison and now tables have turned and I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not... wait, no that is a bad thing. "Where am I?" I ask him, blurting the questions. Silas is in a good mood it would appear and it is a good thing to ask questions when he is like that instead of asking when he is angry or stressed like he was yesterday. Silas chuckles as he turns to the window. "One of my mansions, a safe house. For now. A rather dull place if you ask me, however it will do until things have quite down and I can travel the world once again" He tells me.

I give him a confused look. "When you said one of your mansions, what does that mean exactly?" I ask him and he turns his head to look at me but I can barely see him from the sun that is shining through the window and at his back and on him. Creating the illusion that he might be glowing or at least shimmer around his body. "It means I have a mansion in every country of the world, some countries many" He tells me and I gape at him.

How is that even possible? He'd have to have so much money to be able to have a mansion in every country since they are many. Silas only chuckles as he walks over to the bed and takes my hand. It takes me a second to see that he's looking at the bruises on my wrist. Noticing how his look of warmth turns to anger in seconds and that frightens me for some reason, it brings shivers running down my whole body. I don't know why I feel afraid of him one minute and then the next I feel safe.

It's strange even to me and I can't seem to find the reason for it when I know that everything has a reason. After all, everything happens for a reason, what reason it could be? That is a mystery to everyone but fate and the future perhaps. "I will be busy for the rest day but I will see you before you go to bed" Silas tells me awkwardly somehow before he walks over to the door and walks out of the room without another word and before I could say something to him.