Chapter 11

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 11
|The blood of my enemies I wear with pride|

Leanna Russel

By the time that Monday came I was feeling much better and when my throat was still bugging me I was fever-free and ready to go to work, and now I sit, waiting for the guards to bring Silas. The air is thick with my nervousness as this is my first session with a patient that will not be in chains and I have no idea what will happen and I fear to find out. My heart races in my chest as the door opens and the guards enter the room with Silas in chains but as soon as he has sat on the chair they removed them all.

I see the warden then walk inside the room, he turns to me. "You know what to do if he tries anything and there will be guards outside the door like always yet these are different ones, don't worry about that, none of them will hurt you. No harm will come to you" He tells me with a softened voice but I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or not. I can only nod at his words before he turns to look at Silas.

"If you try anything then you will be shot on the spot and by the end of the day I wish to see Dr. Russell unharmed in every possible way" He tells him in a warning tone but Silas sits there with a wicked grin on his face and a bored expression in his eyes, it doesn't look like he even listened to what the warden even told him and even if he had listened he does not seem to care much for it. The warden then leaves and I'm left alone with Silas in the room. He is fast to stand up.

"It feels much better to be rid of those chains" He says and smirks at me while I nervously smile at him. He walks around my office. Looking at everything until he stops when he's standing in front of my desk. "Pathetic" He whispers as he holds a photo of me and Adam. The picture was taken the night that we got engaged and I can still remember that. I look down at the ring on my finger and all the nervousness just washes away as I think about him and the memories of that night that I will cherish forever.

"Now, I assume you wish to start or will you remain mute?" He asks me raising an eyebrow at me and his thick eyebrows make me feel things inside my heart that I've never felt before. I clear my throat but I don't stand up, afraid to even stand. "You have no chains on, how does that make you feel?" I ask him, my voice is a bit hoarse yet not too much and all the words that I speak are clear. He continues to walk around, as if he is trying to see every inch of the room and memorize it.

I write down with a shaky hand that he doesn't have any chains on because he threatened everyone with a bomb and I also wrote that he told me there never was a bomb. "I'm free, that's all that matters" He says and once again he's defensive. Finding the reason behind it is pretty hard for me to do but the more I am around him the more I start to see what is underneath the mask that he has on. Like just in the few sessions that we've had I've already figured out that there is a possibility he suffered trauma in her early childhood, something so horrible that it has affected his whole life.

"Yes, you are free from the chains yet not a free man, Silas, there is a difference" I tell him and look over to him as he walks over to the window and looks outside. His back faces me but he doesn't say anything. I still sit there and write down that he may be free but he is still in the cage. "Not for long" He finally says after a moment or two passes. When he turns around again I give him a confused look.

He throws himself on the chair and looks at me with a smirk. "When will you diagnose me?" He asks me and once again the puzzled look is up on my face. "Diagnose you?" I ask him and he sharply nods as he stares into my eyes with his kohl black ones that always makes the shivers run down my body and the butterflies start fluttering inside my stomach. "As a psychopath and a sociopath" He says as if I was supposed to know that. I let out a small giggle.