Chapter 17

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 17
|A tragedy|

Leanna Russel

"The prison is under your control? I don't see how that can be possible" I say. Somehow I feel this intense amount of fear run through me, but it's fear as in fear of him but the things that my mind comes up with. I don't think I can ever be afraid of Silas, not really at least. He said the prison is under his control and that brings me thinking. "You're a clever girl, I suppose you can find that out on your own" He tells me, breaking me from my thoughts.

I can't figure it out on my own and that is why I asked. Silas is a riddle that I can't seem to be able to crack and the more I get the know him, the more I realize that maybe this riddle is just so hard for me that it's not even possible to crack it. You might think that getting to know him would help me solve it but it has only brought me back to square one. "All right, you control the prison. Then why are you not a free man out in the world?" I ask him which only deepens his smirk.

"All in due time. Everyone has their script. Now, all we have to do is wait for them to read their lines and the play goes on" He says. I notice that his eyes run over to the clock on the wall and I turn around to look too and see that we have less than five minutes left of our session. A pang forms in my heart for some reason as the seconds tick by and our session will be over. "Since we have little time, I want to ask you if there is anything you'd like to add. Anything at all?" I ask him.

His smirk turns into a grin before he stands up and walks over to the door or halfway to the door where a guard is watching inside my office. "I've got nothing more to say. You've heard all there is" He speaks and then the door to my office opens and the guards enter and take him away in chains. As soon as he and the other guards are gone, Trina walks into my office. "I still can't believe how you can have him in your office without the chains" She says.

She comes over to me and hugs me which I happily return. "He won't hurt me" I tell her. I truly believe that Silas won't harm me in any way. He might seem like he's someone that is tough but he's actually rather sweet, once you get to know him a bit better. "I can't let you get hurt again" She tells me and we break the hug. I smile at her, telling her that I'm all right. "I know" I tell her. "Trina, what is going on with you and Kaden?" I ask her.

Since he's not here I can ask her as I already know that there is something going on with them. She sighs as she sits down on the chair that Silas sat in while I take my chair. "Wow, so this is what it feels like to be in a session with you" She says, referring to her sitting in the chair and me asking her questions. I give her a look and she rolls her eyes. "There is nothing going on with him and I" She says but I get the feeling she's not being entirely truthful to me right now.

I raise an eyebrow at her which I know she can't resist. "Didn't look like it at lunch when you were glaring at each other like you wanted to hurt one another" I tell her and she sighs as he looks at me. "Fine, there may be something going on but I'm handling it" She says but I only deepen my look so she'd tell me. "Kaden isn't the person that you think he is" She begins and I smile at her. "At first no one is but with time you learn the things they hide" I tell her.

She doesn't know it but she was like that before and I've seen how when she meets new people she puts on a brave face, showing them that she's not one to mess around with. "That is true but his name isn't even Kaden" She says and I furrow my eyebrows at her. "What are you talking about?" I ask her and she stands up. "I can't, I've already said too much. I have to go" She hurries to say and before I could even stand up she has walked out of my office. Leaving me confused and unsure of what had happened here.