Cherry-picked Pitfall

Selene Aurora "Sera" Solomon was flabbergasted when her boyfriend, Caleb Finley Monsalve, suddenly knelt and proposed in the middle of the bar.

Even if she was having fun with her friends after a productive day at work, the 21-year-old Sera still managed to wear that ring and said yes!

But the 24-year-old Sera would definitely say no, because she knew how things would turn upside down in just more than two years. . .

• ----♪♪♪---- ••

spotify playlist: some broken reasons

•• ----♪♪♪---- ••

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names (in general) and incidents are product of the writer's imagination and/or used in fictional purposes. This story is not edited. I still need to justify some scenes to lessen the plot holes. I still have to check its typographical errors and ungrammatical features. As of now, I am hoping for your consideration.

Reminder

Please do not reproduce or copy because plagiarism is a crime and it will always haunt your conscience.

The story may be uncomfortable for younger audience. Please let the writer know about your concerns regarding the story per se especially when you are 18 below.

Please be informed that the storyline has no connection with the author's personal life. It doesn't concern her as an individual. It also means the characters' perspectives are made for the sake of the story - not to romanticize any form of abuse, objectifying women, and invalidating emotions and opinions. I will not put trigger warnings per chapter because the whole story is tagged as mature already so please be reminded to always read at your own risk.

Story tags & history

adult drama / romance / marriage /promises / forlorn escapades / consequences

Started: January 7, 2021
Finished: September 30, 2023