Chapter 27: Ketchup

I hurry to class cause we are having practicals today, i enter my class and smile happily when i see my teacher isn't in class.

That guy is really strict on coming early to class

I enter the class and notice Jackson whom I wave at before sitting beside.

"I hope they pair us up"

"Bella don't tell me you didn't read"

"I did but I still need someone I know to be with me, to calm my nerves"

"OK let's hope they will pair us up"

Mr. Vincent enters the class looking strict as ever, giving us rules about the test and what we should do.

While am listening, I catch Andrew staring at me from the side. And I blush and start fidgeting, looking nervous.

"You will all be paired. A paper will be passed around, pair up immediately".

The paper is passed to me and what I see makes me smile and cry at the same time.

I was paired with Andrew but I had studied hard with Jackson. I look up at Jackson only to see a big smile plastered on his face.

What is he smiling about!! We weren't paired together.

"Jackson who were you paired with"

"Lily" He squeals out excitedly

Now I understand!!!

I just shake my head and go to the table where me and Andrew things were to start the practical. I put on my large lab coat, wearing my gloves and finally my goggles.

Soon, Andrew is beside me staring at me as I arrange everything for the practical. Well it wasn't so easy with how he was staring at me throughout.

I decide to speak up after a long time of this game of staring at Bella.

"Aren't you gonna help??"

"Yea but how did you know all this stuff if you haven't been reading"

"My friend, Jackson forced me to"

"The boy you were with for like the whole of the field trip"

Wait!!! Was he watching me

"I won't really say for the whole time"

"OK if you say so"

Mr. Vincent's voice makes it way round the room. Telling us to be quiet and barking instructions on what to do. Finally, saying we could start.

Me and Andrew start mixing chemicals and formulas, and I was really scared of the acid but Andrew calmed me down

We were really doing well and at some point, I looked over at Jackson's table.

And there he was smiling while Lily was mixing some potions. I wanted to go up there and tell him to pay attention to what he's doing and not the girl.

Soon, we are through and are leaving the class with heavy breaths.

I look out for Jackson and see him talking to Lily, not wanting to break up their sweet moment. I decide to head to the cafetaria alone.

I grab fried chips with a lot of ketchup and a soda.

For me!! This is a perfect combination

I start devouring my food when someone sits beside me. I tilt my head and look up expecting a happy Jackson.

Only to see an amused and laughing Andrew.

"What are you eating Bella"

"Fried chips with ketchup and soda, is there anything wrong with it"

"No I guess but don't you think donuts will be better"

"Donuts are good but I haven't had these for a while"

"OK but they really leave a lot of ketchup on your face"

"What?? There's ketchup on my face"

He chuckles before leaning in and wiping the ketchup off my face. I realised how close we were, our lips were a few inches apart.

And then he picked that moment when my head was in a mush to look at me and I got lost in his Blue eyes

What a cute moment!! I really wanted to write more about them but I hope am not writing too much.

Hope you can tag along till the end, drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe