Chapter 45: Family Bond

Today is Ella's birthday and as planned we are going to the Cinema and the park. The Cinema will be first while the paark will be last. I was planning to ride my bike to the Cinema. I can drive but I prefer riding my bike.

I stand up from my big bed while yawning and wiping my eyes. I look around my room, my phone plugged in on my small table. My wardrobe full of clothes at the the extreme end. The curtains pulled apart and the yellow paint in my room shining because of the sunlight.

I walk downstairs for my breakfast when I see my Nanny, Aunt Linda. She has been with me since I was little, she is like a motherly figure to me in the absence of my mum.

"Good morning Aunt Linda" I say smiling

"Good morning Isabella" She says

She never liked calling me Bella. Always called me by my name completely. She places my plate full of pancakes with strawberry syrup in front of me and a cup of tea beside it. I start devouring my food when I hear a chair scrape the ground.

"Good morning sweetie" He says

"Good morning Dad" I say dryly

I was angry at my dad, he didn't attend my graduation. Even if I had fun taking pictures with my friends and having a blast. I still wished he was there, when I saw everyone's parents smiling as they took pictures. I felt sad cause he wasn't there.

"Isabella don't tell me you are still angry" He says looking guilty

"Dad I am going out today, it's my friends birthday and we have the whole day planned out" I say not answering his question

"No, you can't go" he says

"What??? Why not??" I yell

"You can't go out now, it's not safe and if you are, you are going with three of my best bodyguards and they will be with you almost all the time. You will be timed and you are following a car" He simply says

"You have to be kidding me right now" I say looking at my dad surprised

"Do I look like I am kidding??" He says looking seriously at me

I look at my dad for some time. And he goes back to eating his pancakes and drinking coffee. He can't even let me go out, I am 16+ for God's sake. Will I look like a baby to him forever??

"Do you know what?? I am sick of this. I am not a baby anymore, I can take care of myself. I have the richest dad in the world, I always get everything I want. But things like love Dad, like care. Were you there for me?? Were you there for my graduation?? And don't get me started on how many things you have missed because you had one meeting or the other. You always say you protect me cause you are my dad but you don't do the things Dad do. I am no longer a baby, I am no longer that two or five year old Dad. And if being your daughter is gonna make you see me that way forever. Then maybe I don't wanna be your little baby girl anymore"

After that, I stand up and walk upstairs to my room. Letting all the tears fall, I was sick of this. He acts like he cares for me all the time, giving me everything I want but he isn't always there for me. I hear a knock on the door and I know it's him. I just lay on my bed not answering.

"Hey sweetie, can we talk" He asks

"No" I say

"Sweetie I know I am not the best dad in the world but I am trying. I know I missed out on a lot of things and I am really sorry. Sometimes I wish your mom was here" He says breaking down after saying the last part

"Dad" I say immediately regretting what I said

"She would have done a better job than me. Sweetie, you are right. You are no longer a baby. You are all grown up and I should let you do what you wanna do that makes you happy. And if going to that party makes you happy, then you have my approval." He says

"Dad don't ever think I don't love you or I think mum would have been better. You are the best dad in the world, my best dad in the world. And I am sorry for how I acted, I acted selfish and I am sorry" I say

We hug each other letting all the tears fall. My dad might not be the best but honestly I wouldn't change him for the world.

"So I can go without bodyguards and with my bike" I say putting on puppy dog eyes

He looks at me, having an internal war on what to do. He finally sighs and nods. I jump up and start dancing.

"But the bodyguards will come but won't be too close to you" He says

"Dad" I yell

But he slips out of the room before I could complain. I smile at what just happened. Things are gonna change from now, I can feel it. And I am happy me and my dad finally talked. Now to get ready.

Hey guys, so I know I haven't really talked about Bella's family. Only in two chapters, this should make it three. Other chapters were just some pieces of information, here and there. But I hoped you liked this one, Bella and her dad finally talked things out. The next chapter will be the last one.*dabs tears* And it will be really long.

Hope you can tag along till the end, drop a vote and comment. Love ya and stay safe