Chapter 7: Luke

I hadn't been this nervous since the day I asked Madison out in high school. I wasn't sure if it was irony or karma that this round of nerves had to do with Madison as well. Sitting in my car, parked by the sidewalk in front of what used to be our home, my hands were sweating as they gripped the steering wheel tightly. I'd gotten here just minutes ago, but to the heart nearly beating out of my chest it'd felt like a lifetime. What I was about to do was a big risk, but I'd been obsessing over what had happened with Madison at Stripes since the moment she'd run out of the room.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for whatever was about to happen next. I knew Madison; but I knew the Madison from years ago. I didn't know the Madison that went into Stripes, ready to submit herself to some unknown Dom. I didn't know who she was today, but I wanted to earn that right.

I got out of the car and started up the driveway, tapping my fingers on my thigh to try and dispel some of the nerves. I reached the front door and lifted my hand to knock, then jumped back in surprise when the door swung open before I could make contact.

"Shit," I breathed out, hand on my chest. Madison was staring up at me with a smirk on her face, and all I could think was, Damn, I missed that look.

"Took you long enough to get up here," she chuckled, leaning against the doorway.

I felt heat rise on my cheeks, and tried to shrug away the embarrassment at being caught. "I uh, didn't realize you knew I was here."

"I just happened to see you pull up." A weighty silence hung between us. "What're you doing here, Luke?"

I waved a hand in the air towards the house. "Can I come in?"

She studied me for a long second before nodding and stepping aside to let me in. Relief filled me that she was at least giving me the chance to talk to her. It gave me the sense that I might be able to talk her into agreeing with my plan, and that boosted my confidence just enough for me to go through with the proposition.

"Everything still looks the same," I commented as I looked around. The table near the big window in the front room still had all the pictures of us and our friends, pictures from our wedding hadn't even been put away. My heart leaped with hope at the sight of them. Maybe she was just as reluctant to let "us" go as I was.

"Come on Luke. What do you want?"

I turned back to her with a big breath. "I want you to come back to Stripes. And train with me."

Her eyes went wide, and laugh of disbelief puffed out of her mouth. "I don't know Luke. We have so much history already, do you really think it's a good idea to add to it?"

"I don't really think we can get any worse than we did two years ago." Her face fell, and I regretted my words. "I didn't mean it like that, Mads."

"No, it's okay. I know what you meant."

She fell quiet, looking up at the ceiling like she did whenever she was making a mental list. I crossed my arms, slight smile on my face, as I patiently. Waited. Minutes passed while I looked her over, finally really being able to take in all the changes the last couple years had brought her.

My eyes roamed the lines of her body, the curves more pronounced than before. In high school and through our marriage she'd stayed pretty slim even though she'd definitely had some curves to her. Now that she'd gained a little weight (something I would never actually say out loud to her because I'm not a fucking idiot), she curves were more obvious. She looked like a pin up model, tits nearly spilling out of a slightly too small tank top, the hem not quite touching the tops of her shorts and leaving a sliver of skin that tempted my fingers.