Chapter 22: Epilogue

LUKE

I stood under the arch in the backyard, patiently waiting for my wife to meet me here. I looked around at my friends, my heart swelling with happiness to have them here for mine and Madison's vow renewal.

When we'd told everyone that not only were we back together, but we had never been officially divorced in the first place, they were as shocked as I'd been.

Of course, not as shocked as when we revealed that Madison was also pregnant- with two very healthy twins. Tears had been shed, congratulations shared, and someone had proposed the idea of Madison and me renewing our vows together. We'd loved it, and Madison hadn't even wanted to wait for the kids to be born.

Of course, we'd had it scheduled for a day a little too close to the due date, seeing as how instead of meeting in the backyard for our vows, we'd ended up rushing to the hospital when Madison's water had broken early. It had been touch and go there for a little, but both Aaron and Michaela came out strong and healthy.

I saw Celeste come out the back of the house, Abigail in her arms with Noelle and Esther, my brother Anthony's girl, come out each holding one of my kids. They went to their places, then turned to face the back of the house. The rest of the people at the small gathering joined suit, and we watched as my beautiful, incredible, strong as fuck wife walked down the runner to me, in a simple white dress looking like the angel I always called her.

There was no way for me to stop the tears leaking from my eyes, knowing that this was the beginning to the rest of our lives together. But it was the glimpse of a black leather garter around her thigh under the dress that had me choking back a laugh. She may look innocent, but that girl was sinful underneath that. She gave me a wink, knowing I had seen it, and I knew my life was in for a wild ride.

THE END