Chapter 16

"What is this party we're going to? "

Kristina asked, fixing up her makeup.

"Some shit Nathaniel was invited to. "

Raven replied, while waiting for her friend to finish getting ready.

"How are the two of you doing? "

Kristina asked, as she put on her heels.

"We're doing great, I suppose. How about you, has anyone swept you off your feet?"

Raven asked, wiggling her eyebrows making her friend giggle.

"No but fingers crossed, I find a hot dude. Who knows? Maybe he'll be the one until he finds out I have a kid."

Kristina said with a bitter smile on her face. Raven gave her a comforting smile, making Kristina smile as well. A knock on the door interrupted the two. Raven opened the door to see Nathaniel dressed in a tight fitting black shirt. He looked absolutely gorgeous, taking her breath away.

"My Queen you look beautiful. "

He said, placing a kiss at the top of her hand. He took his eyes away from Raven, now looking at the woman he presumed to be Kristina.

"So you are the great Nathaniel, I've heard so much about. "

Kristina said walking towards him.

"Indeed. Nice to meet you Kristina. "

He said giving her a nod. The three made their way at the car parked outside Kristina's house. The car looked very expensive but Raven didn't expect anything less.They parked outside a building that looked a little run down, but music was blasting loudly. They got outside the car and took a minute before going in.

"Raven please be careful. Don't get in trouble with anyone and try to keep it on the low. "

He whispered in her ear and she nodded. The three entered the building looking at all the unfamiliar faces. Raven spotted Stefan and James by the bar. She and Kristina walked towards them, while Nathaniel disappeared into the crowd.

"Raven! You came. You have got to teach me how to persuade Nathaniel. "

Stefan said giving her a hug.

"And who is that? "

James asked, looking directly at Kristina. She gave him a small smile and extended her hand, introducing herself.

"I need to pee. "

Raven stated, making the two men look at her weirdly, whereas Kristina rolled her eyes.

"I tell you every time Rave, go to the bathroom before we leave home. "

Kristina said, pointing her finger at Raven.

"Hey, hey don't go all mama bear on me. "

Raven said back, before she left trying to find the bathroom. She got into a hallway, her eyes trying to adjust at the darkness of it. She felt a rough hand pull her in a corner and another one covering her mouth.

"Don't make a sound, Raven. "

She heard Edward's voice, she managed to catch his eyes looking in the hallway, as if looking to see if anyone was there. His eyes held worry, while Raven started panicking, feeling helpless.

"You need to go Raven. You need to go right fucking now, I've been a tremendous dick, but please you have to go right now. "

He whispered. Raven bit his hand, the only thing she could to free herself. She gave him a questionable look, but something in his eyes made her believe he wasn't lying.

"Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't scream right now. "

She said as if challenging him.

"Stop speaking so loud. You want to see your boyfriend die?

He whispered again, looking around making sure that nobody had come in as they talked.

" What do you mean Edward? Why would Nathaniel die? Start fucking talking. "

Raven demanded. She was incredibly worried about her partner. Edward seemed to know something she didn't, alarming her.

"Raven I'm a fucking dick okay? I basically lured you both into this party. My boss wants to murder Nathaniel. You need to save yourself at least, he is a lost cause. "

Edward admitted. Raven was at loss of words. She had two choices, either get Kristina and leave right now, securing her safety or perhaps stay and help the man she cared so deeply about. She looked back at Edward, before kneeing him at his crotch. He folded in two due to the pain, as Raven grabbed his hair banging as hard as she could his head on the wall next to her, leaving him unconscious.

She quickly texted Kristina telling her to get home as fast as she could. Before however, she began her journey to find Nathaniel, she grabbed Edward's gun. She quietly walked through the hallways trying to find her partner. She finally reached a door, where voices were heard.

"It's over Nathaniel. Your mom was kind enough to give us as much information as we need for very little money. "

A voice of an older man was heard. Raven took a deep breath, desperately trying to form a plan into her head.

"Even if you do kill me, what comes after? There isn't even much at stake. I mean sure I run a club, I deliver drugs, I have money, but what else will you earn?"

Nathaniel's voice was heard. He sounded calm, in opposition to what Raven thought he would sound like. She smirked to herself, feeling proud of the powerful male she had as a significant other. Before they could converse any longer Raven busted through the door, her gun pointed at the man who was threatening Nathaniel's life. His gun was pointed at Nathaniel, while she passed Nathaniel a wink.

"Shoot him. However, as soon as you do I will turn you into a fucking strainer. "

Raven said to the old man in front of her. He simply looked at her and laughed, afterall to his eyes she was an incapable young woman. As he was laughing she fired her gun shooting him on the leg.

"Woah aren't you a power couple? Is she the Juliette to your Romeo, Nate?"

The old man said, crying and laughing at the same time.

"Oh no, she's the Bonnie to my Clyde."