005

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

005. chisaki

Kai marveled the mask before him, feeling fresh nostalgia seeping in as he remembered the details very easily. It was the exact replica of the mask he had in his previous life.

"Thank you, Shanks-san." Came his voice, it was softer than usual.

Seeing the reaction he managed to get, the red haired man grinned happily, pleased with the image of another version of the male.

Looking up as he gently held the heavy mask in his hands, he curiously looked at the man who was often less than reliable. "But why did you buy this for me?" He asked, internally confused and suspicious.

Not a single person should know about his past life, right? Gifting him with an exact replica of his mask is terribly suspicious.

"It sounds crazy, but I had a dream of you last week." Shanks started, trying not to sound like a criminal. "You were in an appearance of an older version of yourself, I think you were 20 or something?" He trailed off, unsure.

Kai felt his breath hitch in his throat. Swallowing a lump, he motioned for the man to continue.

"You wore a green jacket with purple cottons on top, and you had this exact mask and gloves. I think it's you in the future. You looked really good as well!" Shanks chirped. "You took after me."

Kai was far from glad though. The description made his skin crawl. It was too precise that it led him to believe the world was playing with him. This wasn't just a simple reborn scenario anymore, he was sure.

But the 8-year-old went to take it in and calmed himself.

"It seemed like you saw a lot." Came his voice, the monotonous tone back once more. Shanks could only look.

And again, he mistook it, as always, seeing as Kai was very difficult to read. Who would be fine with hearing about a dream about his older self? No one, and that was what Shanks misunderstood, that Kai had a normal reaction.

"It was a short dream, and you were pretty. . . bad-ass." Shanks didn't know what to word correctly.

"I see. . ." Kai nodded before he stood up once more. "I'll go ahead, Shanks-san. I have things to do in the mountain. And thank you again for the mask."

"No problem!"

Shanks was already aware of Kai's frequent requested presence in the mountain, Makino explained to him about Garp's business there.

But he forgot to mention one thing about the dream. No, he intentionally said nothing about it. He didn't want for the young Chisaki to know about it anyway, especially if he still had a life to experience.