035

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

035. last day in sabaody

The day that Kai had anticipated for the past few weeks began.

How so?

It was another day, another start of Sabaody Archipelago. Looking outside his window where the sky was still barely lit up, he could already see a new set of bubbles emerging from the soapy grass.

It was an every day scene for him. He wakes up at exactly 4:30 in the morning, he takes some time to take in his surroundings and go on with the morning routine he had set up for himself, he enjoys himself in a few seconds of momentary comfort, before eventually getting up and properly starting his day.

For today, it was a little different.

Up at the pub that Rayleigh and his wife owned; he rented a room. Not the wisest decision considering that being under the same roof as the Pirate King's righthand is heightening his risk of being caught-- but he has enormous faith in himself. He trusts himself to not do anything stupid enough to raise suspicion.

The moment his eyes opened, he was already wide awake. A light sleeper he was. But unlike the majority of people; he no longer felt the need to lay back and succumb to the warmth of his bed and toss around until the weather becomes too hot to lay in.

No, he gets right up without hesitation. If he opens his eyes, he will wake up.

Sitting up and getting out the covers-- he took a few seconds to breathe in the new day. Eventually standing up, he walks towards the window and peeks at the scenery outside.

The typical Sabaody scenery was what he saw. Sky wasn't fully bright, the bubbles were creating new batches, and the post lights were still on. 

But what made today different from any other day was the mere fact that the number of pirates from the Worst Generation was increasing. He estimates that today is the day where they all will be finally gathered in one place.

He would call this the 'evaluate' day. Evaluate their worth and see who are fit to last for the next due evaluation.

Not to mention, it was his last day in Sabaody. After having collected multiple heads that would suffice to Sengoku's satisfaction of him doing his duties-- he was bound back to Marineford where he would continue to anticipate the perfect moment to strike. And seemingly, the day was growing nearer.

By 6, he was already out and about, leaving Rayleigh's pub completely without a trace of him being there.

He was heading for the civilization, see the usual auctioneers who travel by flying vehicles-- trying to find someone to sell. Initially, they always see him.

Well-built, neat, and not too bad to look at. People like him tend to sell more because of the sick tendencies the buyers have where they find the most decent and proper people the most satisfying to break.

But upon reaching his back and attempt to swoop him up, they always back away and flee at the last moment whenever they see the markings at the back of his coat.

Because of his brooding aura and appearance, they always fail to realize he was actually a Marine and the one with the most ill rumors too. Inevitably, they all just end up leaving him alone before Kai even gets the pleasure of disassembling them to bits repeatedly and feel death more than just twice.

Of course, it still did not surprise Kai. He was noted more than once to be incredibly intimidating, a perk he adapted naturally with his sadistic tendencies.

Today, he was heading towards the auction — from what he heard, this was the perfect day to take a look at the future of piracy, and plus; this was his last day in sabaody, better spend it taking a look at its darkest areas.

From where he stood, he could already sense the nasty presence of multiple dirty pirates.

The thought alone was enough to put a scowl on his face.

How pleasant.

Taking a detour around the civilization, Kai allowed himself to observe behind the shadows of the buildings, watching several pirates going rampant around the streets, laughing all obnoxiously while spilling beer everywhere.

One look at them was enough for him to dislike them.

In cue, the whole town suddenly fell silent, no more happy chatters or content conversations could be heard from the regular citizens. It was as if the air had gone cold and was chilled with underlying fear.

Only one thing could make them this afraid and silent.

Celestial Dragons.

Just the people that Kai was expecting. The only reason he did not head towards the auction early was because of his knowledge on the Celestial Dragon's schedule and unpunctual tendencies.

As people who have the highest privileges of the world, they are awfully absorbed in the mindset of having everything at the palm of their hands. Apparently, it was not them who follows time, it is time that bends for them.

Kai hated such people with a burning passion. Nobles alike.

"Make way! Make way!"

Pushing unknowing citizens to the side, trampling over their already weak figures, crushing them like little bugs and insects — it was a sight, certainly.

Kai was not so innocent either, despite claiming to hold mercy for innocent people caught in the strings of life; it did not necessarily mean he would go through heaven and hell for them.

In the end, in the eyes of a self-centered man like Kai; all he could see was himself.

On the ground, crawling like a makeshift horse or any form of animal — there Kuma was whipped to move forward, face still remaining stoic and emotionless. Still, Kai could feel a sense of coldness radiating from him, something he could not quite bother to find cause in.

Of course, he was familiar with Kuma, having attended a couple of warlord meetings in place of his grandfather — even spotting them around Marine bases while accompanying Sengoku to his business trips around the globe.

But he was not familiar with him to the point he personally knew him. Despite knowing his statistics, secret identity, prowess. . . He still did not know him as a person other than someone who works as a double for both his father and the Marines.

Hearing a very faint shocked and pained gasp from the side, Kai spotted a pirate with obnoxious pink hair. He recognized her as one of the rising pirates of this generation.

Jewelry Bonney, or Big Eater.

Why would that affect her? He wondered. But then again, asking questions he wasn't really curious enough to uncover made him decide to just drop it.

So what if a pirate is mourning for a dying warlord? He didn't care the slightest bit.

Scoffing at the sight, Kai turned to his heels, knowing that there was nothing to gain from seeing the usual patterns of behavior a Celestial Dragon could possess.

Seeing as all the rising star pirates are gathered in one island, this would be more convenient for the Marines to get them all in one fell swoop.

Reaching his gloved hand into the pockets of his trousers, he pulled out a den den mushi snail, the one he owns in order to directly contact the headquarters.

"Pururu, puru. . ."

The sound indicates that he has successfully connected to the headquarters.

Before letting the other line speak, he spoke first. "All supernovas are here, confirming location."

He was determined to make just one change into his agenda.