032

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

032. short relaxation

He entertained himself with the thought that time was slowly coming together. Slowly but surely.

In no way was Kai a patient man, he liked things getting down right away, he does not like waiting or wasting time-- but simply for this one long-term arrangement, he developed his temper and lengthened his patience.

He can't always have himself lose his temper all the time, that would be too careless of him. Reckless even. And the last thing he wanted to happen was to be lumped in the same sort as his grandfather and brother.

In one certain remote island, he was having the time of his life. Peace, quiet, and no signs of Pirates and Marines alike. It was just an isolated island in the Grand Line, away from all the trouble. No eyes were watching him there and he finally felt like he was recharging his battery that has been spent on dealing with people's impudence and inability to keep up.

Seated on a beach chair that faced the blue and vast sea, he rested his one ankle against the other knee, holding a newspaper for the mere purpose of information and little entertainment. And yes, this was his definition of fun.

Slipping out the blueprint, he assembled it with the slightest graze of his hand and the ashes miraculously returned to the state it was in before it was burned. It defied the logic of science. Like him, his quirk was a miracle, the greatest he could ask for-- and the best part? He didn't have to ask for it. It was simply given to him like how a royal patron would hand over a delicacy in a silver platter.

Eyes gazing over the blueprint, he took in the odd details. This was certainly not accurate to a typical engineer or achitect's paper, and he didn't expect it to be. Calmly looking at every detail, he noted again that the letters and words written are in the ancient language.

Just his luck.

Sighing, he folded it and slipped it securely back into his pockets, casually disassembling it and returning it to the empty cigarette box-- a counter safety measure.

It was useless, though not entirely. He can still take the ideas, use it-- but the question is: would it be necessary? He was not looking for a way to destroy the world, he was there to unite it.

But thinking over it as he enjoys the day to a certain extent, savoring the peace that can only be once lived. . . He decided to let his head fall back and rest, sparing this one moment for himself only.

This was most probably going to be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, one he would not be able to experience again soon. It was best to savor it while he still can because the next break he'll probably have is when he's done with world domination.

Sipping from his lemonade, he pushed up his sunglasses that helps protect his eyes from too much sunlight. Sun is great for Vitamin D, makes the skin better; he heard. And if he's going to create the evolution that humankind would not even be able to phantom at a first thought, it'd be best if he does it while looking good.