002

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

002. windmill village

Kai-- despite being in his 8-year-old body-- earned the trust of the Villagers who resides in dependence of the great Marine hero, Garp. As the great marine's grandson, people started hallucinating on the fact that Kai will be just as strong, if not stronger, than his grandfather. They were only wrong on the part of thinking that Kai would stoop as low as joining the corrupted Marines.

All his hard work was dedicated for his own ambitions. It wasn't for the people who he could care less of. It was all for the world that he had always dreamt of. And the first step of making it would have to be growing stronger.

His strength today wasn't possibly strong enough to create a change in the world. He would need something more.

Gritting his teeth in frustration, he clenched the rock that he held in his hand, the bandage that fully wrapped around his skin keeping the rock from actually making contact with his palm.

"Kai-nii," during the midst of Kai's internal chaos, his so-called brother approached him with a pouting face, looking as ragged as ever. "Can you take me on one of your trips next time?" He eagerly pleads.

Calming himself before he can lash out his frustration, he shook his head firmly.

"I don't take annoying kids."

"But I withstood Gramps' training list today! Doesn't hurt at all." He mumbled, clearly an audible lie. Nonetheless, Kai couldn't care less about the annoying monkey who always persists about going into adventures together. Simply, Kai didn't do adventures-- everything he does basically has some intentions behind it.

Silence paved the air as Luffy tilted his head to the side, curiously wondering why his older brother was always wrapped in bandages with every inch of his exposed skin. He used to think it was because of the wounds he garnered but he could tell that there was something else behind it.

"What're you doing in the docks, anyway? Go away and bother someone else." Kai reprimanded harshly, and yet, he appeared so composed and calm. Luffy hated how he rarely expresses emotions, he hated how a dull wood has more emotions than his brother.

Deciding to comply in order he won't have to bother his brother, he headed for the pub, frowning ever so slightly as he chose a seat on one of the stools near the counter.

Why can't he just have a decent relationship with the only family who went through the same thing as him?

Kai hated the scent of the salty waves, he hated how the wood he was currently seated on was near to breaking, he hated how he had to put up through this small island's shit. The nobles who were born through classification gets to have a nice and fancy life while the people on the other side of the island has to suffer having to deal with their bullshit.

It's been the 3rd time this week since they rubbed their status on their faces, slapping them with the reality at how they were at the very bottom of the food chain.

He wanted a different world from this. He wanted a stable government, a normalized civilization, an equal status to all citizens. He simply didn't like how unbalanced this world was. He had to do something as someone who possesses great knowledge about world hopping.

Maybe it was for that reason did he explore the noble village. He had to know more insights, he had to be completely aware.

And to start off with the basics, he had to look formal like a noble's son. It was because of that did he style his hair and appear more proper. Thankfully, he had a good idea about luxury and formalities-- as someone who grew up in yakuza business and constant client meetings.

Walking towards the very center of the place, he could tell that a program was up. But just what kind?

Tip toeing as an irritated tick mark appeared on his forehead, he could catch a glimpse of the king and the royal family. So far, they were mostly snobbish and had the far most prideful faces that Kai had the displeasure of seeing.

"How lovely the royal family is." Murmurs amongst the crowd started.

Now, Kai could clearly differ the genuine and non-genuine words. And from what he had earned, it was clearly forced for their own public image.

How disgusting, the way they prioritize other people's opinion rather than their own while constantly looking down at non-social people with such distaste and judgmental looks. Being a noble like them would be the last thing he would do.

Seeing enough of their display, he started walking away, pulling down his right glove while innocently tapping a random noble's skin who just happens to participate in the shit talking. Let's just say that things didn't go well for the noble, his upper body disassembled in a second and blood surrounded the program, successfully ending it.

But before they could catch the culprit, Kai had long disappeared. Who would suspect a child like him to have done such brutal killing anyway? They were non-suspecting adults who thoroughly believe that a child like him would not possess such type of power.

That was the only good thing about being stuck in his 8 year old body.