011

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

011. ranking up

"Congrats on your 1 year of service in the Marines, Rear-Admiral Kai!"

The said male was now 17 years old, sitting on his own seat at the working office while leaning against the palm of his hand. "It's been a year already?" A lot has happened in that 1 year, he's been continously promoted by Sengoku, Ace settled with the Whitebeards, and Luffy was planning to leave next year.

Although he didn't get any intel from the Villagers and how they were doing, he still wouldn't have taken the information anyway. He didn't want to bring that small part of island into his mess. Mainly because they wouldn't survived and he wanted to keep as many people on earth before he cleanses it.

"Rear Admiral Kai!" A Marine stumbled in. "Vice Admiral Garp wants to call you in his office! He says he has prepared a feast for you!"

The clean freak stood up, swiftly making his way to his grandfather's office. He didn't question why he had put up a feast for a single accomplishment, but nonetheless, he still wouldn't have participated anyway.

Knocking before entering, Kai was greeted with a large amount of sweets. The cavity it will bring would be immeasurable. He tore his gaze off the sweets and turned to Garp who was happily gobbling a donut down.

"Congrats on your 1 year of service, Kai!" Garp told cheerily.

"Okay?" The said male told with uncertainty. "Is there anything you wanted to talk about?" He impatiently asked, wondering for the purpose on why he was there.

"Right." Garp nodded. "Tsuru wants you to be the substitute for Akainu in the Warlord Meeting."

"She could of told me herself."

The Vice Admiral only shrugged before proceeding to consume the Donuts.

"I'm a Rear Admiral though, there's a reason why I didn't jump to become Vice." Kai stated plainly. He hasn't met the Warlords, in fact, he doesn't look forward to. There was something about their ways that didn't sit well with him.

Maybe because they were filthy inside their personas, which was the dirtiest of all and the most difficult to clean. To put plainly, Kai hated Pirates.

"Still you." Garp merrily told before patting his grandson on the back. "You've made a big progress, Kai! You're the youngest to have reached this rank."

Kai furrowed his brows.

"This rank? What do you mean?"

"They're promoting you to Vice Admiral!" Garp just didn't know how to keep his mouth shut.