014

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

014. geppo

Kai Chisaki, or now-- Monkey D. Kai, stormed out of the headquarters, slipping on his Marine coat with an unreadable expression on his face. Behind him was one of the poor officers under his jurisdiction, he was nervously trying to grab Kai's attention.

"Vice-Admiral! Vice-Admiral!

By how weak and queasy the voice was, it was easily drowned out by Kai's hearing as his full attention was enthralled by more important matters. He seems set on his plans for the day.

"Vice-Admiral Kai!"

The officer finally managed his guts and grabbed the boy's attention right before he could step out of the place.

"What is it?" Kai snapped, voice hostile and cold as always. It made the older man shrink back.

"Fleet Admiral Sengoku insists on the idea of holding the new world instead, he states to have—"

"I've told you multiple times already," he started. "I refuse to handle the new world as I am now, I believe it will be futile to place another Vice-Admiral to hold back the four emperors from interfering."

The officer felt ridiculed by Kai's own statement about his prowess. The boy already proved himself to be stronger than most people in the HQ despite at a young age, and yet-- he still insists on the time to be too early.  

If only he had such great potential as him, the officer would have utilized it to the full extent.

What the officer doesn't actually know was that Kai was already setting his eyes farther than what he claims to be aiming. 

"Send a statement back to the Fleet Admiral that I'll be having a quick detour to East Blue for some personal matters. Don't bother following me, I won't be going by ship." 

This was finally what he was waiting for, after years of calculating the differences of the flow of time then on, Kai figured that meeting Luffy once more at Easy Blue would be the cherry to his discovery.

Kai allowed his muscles to relax before he started using one of the rokushiki techniques that he managed to learn. Rokushiki was the main reason why he was also swayed by the idea of joining the Marines for his own benefits. 

It won't be long before he'll finally get a hold of the last one. As long as he continues on garnering Sengoku's trusts and beliefs-- he's sure that he can leave soon enough.

"Kai!"

Tilting his head to the side, he saw his obnoxious grandfather by the entrance, waving while holding a box of donuts and all kinds of sweets. As always.

"Aren't you gonna have some snacks first?" Was his question.

Kai's nose visibly scrunched up in distaste at the sight of the sugary snacks. "I hate sweets."