Chapter 13 - The Unknown Identity

Aaron's Pov

Charlotte wasn't really acting like her high and mighty self even though we got back to the school. Though I was glad that she followed what I said at not telling anyone else about that huge tree she found.

Also, how did she even manage to find it??

Earlier this afternoon, me, Lucas, Xavier and the others felt some sort of force drawing us towards the forest. And I don't really know, but my instinct tell me that the huge tree was the source of that powerful force.

Anyways, Charlotte was at the nurse's office right now while the school called for her parents.

I however was dragged into an empty classroom by Chase, Ellie, her two brothers and her cousin as they bombarded me with different questions.

"What the heck happened Aaron?? I though I made it clear that nobody goes into the forest." Lucas said as all of them circled around me.

"It was a good thing that I did though. I discovered something which might be very important and also, who knows what would've happened to Charlotte if I didn't come."

A look of understanding could be then seen on their faces along with the curiousness to know what I had meant about the discovery.

"I saw her looking utterly horrified when you brought her to the nurse's office. Tell us everything that happened." Xavier said and I sighed out. Thinking of where to to even begin.

"Well, when Ellie and I were heading for our next class we saw a bag and some books on the floor. We found out it was Charlotte's from the scent but we didn't really think about it much and just continued on our way."

"Then how did you end up in the forest with her??" Chase went to ask me.

"I'm getting to that. Though I think Ellie has an idea of what happened next." I said. Turning towards her as well as the others.

"All I know is that you just suddenly walked out of the room while we were having class. I had to cover for you by telling our teacher that you had an upset stomach."

"Of all the excuses that you could have given her, you just had to choose that??" I exclaimed, but she just gave me a shrug.

"You didn't give me a heads up. It's your fault." I scoffed at that and was about to say something when Lucas cut me off.

"Aaron, stay focused and tell us what else happened." He said.

"Oh, right." I chuckled. "I just felt a sick feeling about Charlotte and knew that something was up. So the next thing I knew, like what Ellie here said, I just got up and decided to go look for her."

"And she was in the woods?? Why the heck would she go there??" Isabella asked in confusion like the others.

"With what she managed to tell me while we were heading back here, she told me that she was just following Francis outside the school cause he was acting a bit weird. Next thing she knew she was walking in the forest cause she felt like something was drawing her into it. Sounds a bit familiar right??"

"Francis?? Did he go into the forest too??" Xavier asked with a hint of concern.

"I don't think so cause I ran into him when I was headed out of the school's main doors. Why would he even think to go in there in the first place??" I asked.

"Well maybe it's like Charlotte. You said she was being drawn into the forest, maybe Francis was the same." I shook my head in response to what Lucas had said.

"I don't think so. Charlotte wasn't drawn to the forest. She was drawn to something in it." I started to say and with the confused and curious looks they gave me, I knew they wanted me to go on.