Chapter 30 - Instincts and Feelings

Xavier's POV

After our talk yesterday, nothing really significant happened after that. We went on the rest of our evening normally but I did notice that dad was a bit more stressed than usual.

It wouldn't take a genius to know that everything that's currently happening is starting to frustrate him along with mom and the other adults.

The stress that the werewolf council and these hunters that are giving them.

That's also one of the reasons why we can't tell them about our little wendigo situation. We didn't want to add more problems to their already growing baggage.

We wanted to help.

And we will after we solve this current problem. We'll give more effort on helping them with the situation about the nemeton and the two previously mentioned problems before.

"Scott's not here yet. Maybe it'll be a good idea if Xavier, Chase and I wait for him here while the rest get to their classes." I hear my brother say as many of the students of the school passed by as they entered the main doors of the school building.

"Bella, you gotta think of another excuse to tell your teachers about Chase and Xavier since they're gonna be absent again today." With our cousin's face scrunched up in dismay, she gave Lucas a nod before he went to turn to Aaron who already had a knowing look on his face.

"You already know what to do. Find out if Charlotte had any more recent visions." He said to him. "Also, be careful. There's a good reason why she got attracted by the nemeton in the first place. If she really isn't the wendigo like told us, chances are is that she could be something else."

"Aye aye captain." He responded to my brother with a playful salute.

"Speaking of which..." Chase didn't finish as he was looking at a certain direction. And we all found ourselves following his sights and saw Charlotte stepping out of her car along with her two friends.

"Oh look, they do move in herds." Aaron mused out with a chuckle. "Please tell me that you all got that reference. Cause if not then there must be something really wrong with you."

His words were followed by our chuckles as we were all together when we watched the Jurassic Park movies.

Soon enough, we saw Scott as he slowly walked up to us. "Hey."

"Hey." We all greeted as Lucas went to turn towards the ones who were going to stay behind. "You guys head in while we head out."

"I don't really think we can go anywhere right now dude." Scott went to say which made us all look at him questioningly.

"What do you mean??" I asked.

"Well, I ran into Mr. Anderson on my way here this morning and he said that he doesn't really like the fact that we skipped school yesterday."

"What??" I found myself saying in surprise. "We're trying to figure something out for the wendigo problem and he's more concerned about our grades?? I thought he's supposed to be helping us since his Timberland's Healer and all that."

"He told me that first period is cancelled though. Everyone in school is being told to head towards the school gym for a memorial for Jace." Scott continued. "Also, he wants to see us later at lunch."

"Great." I mumbled lowly and felt Lucas's hand on my shoulder.

"We can always go looking after lunch." He said. "Besides. Maybe he wants to tell us something later that'll help us."

I slowly nodded at what he had said before all of us started walking towards the gymnasium along with the other students of the school.

A sad aura hovered above everyone inside of the gym as all of the the teachers were standing in the very middle along with the principal and a family who I could only guess to be Jace's.