Chapter 81 - Just Dying to meet the Parents

Xavier's POV

Throughout the travel to Diane's house, I admit that I tried to think of multiple excuses so that I can get away. Not that I was scared or anything. I just remembered that there was a pack meeting after school so I just wanted to find out what it was about.

"Oh look, you pants are on fire. Liar." I hear Ilios scoff out. 

"I'm not lying." I retort. "It's just that they might've discussed something important in the meeting."

"It's not like the others won't tell us about it later at home but, whatever you say. Personally I think that you should just grow a pair and get in there." He said like it was just the most obvious thing to do.

"Easy for you to say." I said. Watching as Diane and her dad got out of their car. "Fine. But I'm not scared. I'm just weary of the guy. That's all."

"Well it's not like the guy's some dangerous hunter plotting to kill us or anything. Just think of it as an early meet the parents sort of thing. We're giving the possibility with Diane a try and we're bound to meet her parents anyway." I sometimes forget that my wolf can be smart if he wants to be.

"Say that again, human." He lowly growled, annoyed at what I thought of.

"Xavier!" I looked ahead and saw Diane calling me over. "What are you doing just sitting there on you bike? C'mon!"

I couldn't help but chuckled at how excited she looked. And I know that  I'm repeating myself here but that smile of hers just does something to me that I can't explain. It made me forget of my worries about her dad.

Well, that was until I saw him looking at me from behind her. Carrying two duffle bags with him.

"Your mom's been waiting for you invide. Why don't you go on ahead and surprise her with her birthday cake?" He suggested. "We'll follow behind. I just need to get my bags from the car."

At this time, I was already walking up towards them when her dad turned back towards me. "Do you mind helping me?? I still have two of my bags in the car and my hands are a bit full."

"I don't mind at all sir. I'd be happy to help." I said. Giving him a smile when I did before looking back towards Diane, only to turn back towards her dad who was now looking at me with a raised brow. "I uhh... I'll go get the bags."

"Okay. I really hope she likes what I picked out from the cake shop. I'll see you both inside." I hear her say before continuing in a low whisper which I only heard cause of my werewolf hearing. "Dad, please don't embarrass me. Be nice."

"Sweety, I am being nice."

"Nice-er. Please? For me?" I could hear him breathing out after she said that. And I could only guess, or hope, that he just gave her a nod just as I went to open the door of their car. Acting like I wasn't listening in to their conversation.

"Xavier!" I slightly jumped when she suddenly called my name.

Turning around, she just gave me a sweet smile before saying, "I'll see you inside."

"Y-Yeah." I inwardly facepalmed myself immediately after saying that.

"A smooth criminal. Tanana-nana-nanantan."

"Shut up!" I quickly told my wolf. Growing really annoyed at him at that moment though thankfully he retreated back to my mind.

Walking towards her house, carrying the cake with her, it was soon just her dad and I outside. So to avoid the slightly tense situation, I decided to go back to looking for the bags that he wanted some help with.