Chapter 82 - Bonds Strong and Brittle

3rd person's POV

After having their dinner, Lucas along with the others, minus Chase, decided to lounge about in the living room while the adults had their own separate things that needed to be taken care of.

And looking at the time, Lucas couldn't help but both wonder and worry just where his brother Xavier was. Their dad did inform them that he was invited to dinner at a friend's house, most likely Diane he thought, but it was getting a bit late.

He was deep in thought while the others were busy talking when he was suddenly hit with a pillow on the face.

"You were starting to look like that Thinker sculpture I saw on tv. Had to make sure that it was still you." His sister mused. Hearing Aaron's snicker while in turn ignoring her brother's pointed look.

"Ha ha very funny." He said. Tossing back the pillow which she effortlessly  caught. "It's just that it's getting a bit late and Xavier's still not home."

"You're being your overbearing self again." she pointed out. Earning an eyeroll. "He's just probably still caught up having dinner with Diane's family."

"And if things went well, they're both probably eating each other's faces by now." 

"Thanks idiot. That's really something that I want to imagine right now." Elizabeth sarcastically said after using the pillow to hit Aaron square on the face.

"Okay firstly, that pillow really needs a good wash." He said. "Second, I'm just stating possible facts here. Now that we're free to choose our mates, he's probably just currently exploring his options. And by exploring his options, I mean them doing squat thrusts in the cucumber patch."

That made the others turn a glance towards him. Questioning expressions on their faces which he was quick to notice. 

"No?? Playing hide the sausage." He said, though still the others stayed quiet. Looking at each other as is expecting someone to say something.

"Exploring the hidden valley??"

"Filling the cream donut."

"You know I can go on and on with this till someone says something." He said in a sing-song tone to which Lucas immediately said. "We get what you meant Aaron. And as creative as they were, just stop."

Just then, they heard the front door open and close before Xavier walked in and saw them in the living room. 

"There he is. So tell us, were you Slytherin the Hufflepuff? Okay I'm done." He grinned while the blond just looked at him confusedly. 

"What?" Xavier found himself asking.

"Don't worry about him. He's being an idiot." Elizabeth said. Rolling her eyes before turning to look at her older brother. "So how was a date?"

"It wasn't a date. I was just helping her out." He explained dismissively. Moving to sit on the couch before releasing a long sigh.

"Ooh, so I'm guessing that it didn't go well then??" His sister asked.

"It wasn't a date. But yeah. It did go fine at first." He said. 

"What do you mean??" Lucas looked at his brother. Genuinely curious as to what he was talking about.

And at first, Xavier was quiet for a few seconds. Thinking on how he could explain his situation so that the others could understand. 

"Well, I gave her a ride to the mall to help her out since she had an emergency. We talked. Got to know each other a bit before picking up the cake that was actually for her mom's birthday today." He explained in thought.