Chapter 54 - Old Ally and Friend

Jayden's POV

The hot sun was baring down on me as I took off my wet shirt before wiping away the sweat slowly cascaded down my face.

"If you continue looking like the way that you are now, then I better make sure to never leave your side from now on." I smiled when I heard the love of my life's voice and turned around to see her with Anna and some of the other women of the pack.

"Come on. You and I both know that the real reason that you don't wanna leave my side is because you can't get enough of this." I teased and triumphantly smiled when she eyed down my bare body before quickly turning to look away.

"You're still a damn tease even after all these years." She mumbled very cutely I might add, making me chuckle as she handed me a towel.

"You know Jay, you really don't need to be doing this yourself. We can manage." Sebastian pointed out. Taking a sip of water while his mate and the other woman started giving out some food and water.

"The repairs will finish sooner if everyone who's able are helping. And that doesn't exclude me. Silver Moon's still Maddison and I's old home." I said. Taking the bottle of water that my mate was giving me before turning towards the other men who were still working on the cabin.

"Maybe you should tell the others to take a quick break for a few minutes. We'll get back on the repairs after." My brother nodded his head before proceeding to go on and tell the other wolves while I went to sit down on the soft grass before taking a big chug of a much needed drink to quench my thirst.

Maddison handed me a sandwich but I just put it aside since I wasn't that hungry and watched as a number of pack members that I used to be a part of were slowly trying to rebuild.

"So, did you really mean it??" My mate went to ask me while taking a seat at my side.

"Did I mean what??" I asked. Confused on what she was trying to ask me about.

"About what you told the others this morning during breakfast." She said. "About Elise."

It was then that I knew what she was asking me. I told them about my suspicion at the chance of Elise's involvement in everything that was currently happening.

It all starting with the appearance of the nemeton and the healer specifically said that only a very powerful user of dark magic could've done it.

"I really don't want to think of her doing anything to betray us since she's part of our family Maddison but... I just can't help but feel that she's involved somehow." I said. "We've always never questioned when she'd just up and disappeared for days. Even weeks. But just think about it. Now that all of this is happening, why is she back here with us??"

"She's always had secrets that she's kept to herself. But I just can't believe that she'd do anything to hurt us."

"Jay." We both turned to see her brother Mason walking up to us. "They're here. Moonstone."

I didn't answer him right away and glanced back towards my wife since we were kind of in a serious talk.

"I'm sorry. Was I interrupting something??" He soon asked.

"No. No, uh.. we were just talking." I assured him though by the look on my mate's face, I knew that the talk was far from over. "I'll catch up with you. I just have to finish up what I'm doing here first."

"Can't. You can leave it for the others to finish." He said. "Alex came to me the second he arrived and he said that he needs to speak with you and I."

"Maybe it's urgent. You can leave the rest of the work to us. Unless you need me with you Mase." Sebastian went to ask his Alpha.