Chapter 18 - A Little Too Late

Lucas's POV

As Scott drove us down the road, I couldn't help but think of what we might walk up to or what we might run into while on our way to Parker's house.

"Is Aaron absolutely sure that it's going to be Jace Parker?? And how is he even sure that this thing's gonna go after him tonight??" Scott asked out in doubt while he kept his eyes on the road.

"Charlotte had some vision about a blond guy getting attacked in his house by some sort of creature." Chase said from the backseat of the car.

"There are a number of blond guys here in Timberland." Scott pointed.

"Yeah but in the vision, Charlotte also said to him that the guy was also wearing a silver ring. Now I know that that's not much to go on, but Aaron also saw Parker wearing a silver ring and has a feeling that he might just be the guy that Charlotte saw." I explained.

"Yeah but... Wait, there's some car parked up in the middle of the road up ahead."

Upon looking, the light that the moon was giving out was well enough to see that there was really a car parked up ahead of us. And as we went to slow down and see if there was someone inside, we only then saw a tow truck with the driver securing a chain that linked his truck with the car.

"That's Parker's car." I hear a Scott say lowly beside me before lowering the car window on my side. "Good evening sir. We're uh... Friends of the owner of this car and we were just wondering where he was."

"Sorry boys but I have no idea where he went. There was nobody else here but me when I arrived." The middle aged man replied as I quickly tried to pick up any other scents in the area.

"Oh, okay then. Thanks." Scott went to close the car window before turning to me. "Got a scent??"

"I think I do. It's the only other human scent beside's that tow truck driver's. The scent's faint though." I respond.

"Parker's house is not that far away from here. We're just about to enter his community so we should get going and check his house."

"Can I just have the window on my side open?? So that I can scent him out to make sure we don't pass him." He gave me a firm nod before I went to bring down my window.

Though scenting out Parker wasn't the only reason I had.

The area where his car was left didn't only have his and that driver's scent. There were others. One I recognized as a deer's but the other one I had no utter idea what it was.

Like Parker's it was faint.

It wasn't human, but I was also sure that it wasn't an animal as well. My only hope, is that we find Parker before it's too late.

Time skip

"Guys, I think it's better if we leave Scott's car here and walk the rest of the way to Parker's house." I suggested to which they agreed before Scott went to park his car on a dark corner of the street before the three of us went to the house that he had pointed.

"Uh, guys?? Isn't there suppose to be a front door there??" Chase and I were a bit confused to what Scott had said, but as we turned, we saw that the front door of Parker's house was completely torn off.

Weariness rose from me as I quickly went to scent out and scan the area, but that's when I caught the scent of something that I wished I wouldn't tonight.

"Chase." I called him lowly.

"I know. I smell it too." He answered. Not even needing to hear me for he already knew what I was about to say to him.