Chapter 28 - The Grievance

3rd person's POV

Within the confines of a cozy looking room, the renowned hunter Vincent was silently reading the file of the latest victim of a killing by a supernatural.

'A homeless man. Completely mauled, ripped apart and eaten. Just like the case with the teen, Jace Parker.' He thought to himself. 'Could the wolves have done this?? Or something else?? Werewolves are dangerous predators but there hasn't been a record of them eating humans. Killings, yes. But devouring human flesh?? Rare cases maybe, but not at this scale.'

His phone ringing made him snap out of his thoughts as he went to answer. Seeing the name, he quickly clicked accept before he spoke.

"Do you have anything??" He asked and stayed quiet as he listened for the caller's answer. "Good. That's good. At least now we know the location of the rogue pack."

"Anything else come out of your search?? The investigation on the boy, Jace Parker and the other one who was killed. The homeless man." He said. "Alright. If any other cases come up, inform me right away. Good work. At least now we know where those rogues are hiding."

Dropping the call, he went back to thinking on how they will be able to catch the killer which was still at large in town.

But now that he knew the location of the rogue pack, he had a chance to actually find out if they were a danger.

A knock on the door came before another hunter entered.

"Sir, I think I have something that might interest you."

Aaron's POV

DRIPPING...

FUCKING...

WET!!!

That's what I was. Wet and freakingly pissed off!!

Cause not only did Charlotte's friend Carrie splash her small carton of milk at me but she also thought that my face would be a good target for her lunch which was a plate of spaghetti.

So now, I was still fishing out pasta from certain places where it should never ever be found in.

And to add to that, everyone in the whole cafeteria thought that it was so funny.

Heck, even Isabella and Elizabeth were laughing along.

The she-devil went to walk right out looking very insulted along with Charlotte's other friend whose name I do not know or care to know.

"What?!" I snapped at Charlotte who was currently looking at me with a smirk on her face after the laughter had started dying down.

"Nothing. You just uhh...Got a little something on your face there." She mused. Gesturing towards my cheek which was just covered in spaghetti sauce along with my whole face and shirt.

"Oh, really?? Right here??" I sarcastically said before wiping some of it off. "Dang, I didn't notice that. Thanks a lot Charlotte."

Giving her a clearly fake smile, she just chuckled while I was busy wiping my face.

Ellie and Bella then walked up. Looking at me with the same smirks on their faces which the harlot had a few seconds ago.

"I really can't believe that you'd say that to a girl." Charlotte mumbled just as Ellie and Bella took their seats on the two vacant chairs to which made her look at them curiously.

"That was a girl??" I replied while taking a few strands of spaghetti out of my shirt. "Thought it was a gremlin."

"You are just terrible." Bella laughed. Making the other two laugh along as Charlotte didn't seem to mind them.