Chapter 39 - Real World Anna

Lucas's POV

We spent about two and a half hours with Chase and soon got word that Mr. Anderson had arrived in the pack and was no meeting with dad and the others at the dungeons.

So now I was headed there along with Scott and my brother to try to talk to them.

I already knew that dad was still disappointed at us and wouldn't really want to see us there but we just had to be there and help get Francis back.

We arrived at the entrance of the underground dungeons and immediately saw Chase's dad, Uncle Raphael, talking with the two guards.

He gave us skeptical looks when he saw us, especially Scott since he was human, before dismissing the guards as he went to greet us.

"Lucas, Xavier. What are you guys doing here with you friend..."

"Scott, sir. Scott Wilson." The vampire nodded his head before turning back to my brother and I. A knowing look on his face as he did.

"You dad might now want to see you two right now after what happened you know." He said. "He's talking with that healer right now."

"We know uncle. But we just have to. If there's something that can help in getting our friend back then we want to know about it." I responded. "And... About what had happened. About Chase."

"We're so sorry for what happened to him uncle." It was kind of hard to look at him in the eye cause of the guilt I was feeling and I could see that Xavier was finding it hard as well since he suddenly found the grass on the ground so interesting.

"The important thing is that he's going to be fine. The same with the both of you." Our uncle told us along with his small but assuring smile. "Next time, I just hope that you kids are even more careful."

"Next time huh??" Scott mused out all of the sudden which made the vampire chuckle.

"I have a feeling that you kids aren't just going to sit by silently while this ordeal with the nemeton and about the other supernaturals it's attracting is here. You're all so stubborn. Kind of like the parents I guess." With that, he slowly stepped aside as a gesture that he was letting us through.

"They're at your friend's cell. Furthest part and a few cells away from the skinwalker. Speaking of which, I'm sure that you all know what not to do with that thing. His eyes are covered but just be careful."

"Thanks Uncle Raph." My brother smiled.

"Don't tell your dad that I just let you all through. Tell him that you made me do it." He winked before the three of us descended down into the Bloodrose Dungeons.

There wasn't really anything that we were keeping in them except for Francis and the skinwalker so it was eeriely quiet. Though with my heightened hearing, I could hear some talking which would definitely be dad and Mr. Anderson.

I could also hear mom's voice which I really wasn't expecting since Chase's dad didn't mention that she was here as well.

"I must say. It isn't everyday that I'd see a wendigo possessed human. I've only read about it in books and heard of it from other accounts." We heard the Healer's voice say as we neared them. "Their appearance is in fact as terrifying as they truly say it is."

I could hear slight wonder on the healer's voice as he spoke. Though even as there was wonder, I could also hear weariness in it which was perfectly reasonable if you ask me.

"And I must say. That last time I saw a healer, it was when I took over another human's body many years ago. Hmm... I perfectly remember how I slowly savoured the sweet taste of his flesh everytime I took another chunk off from his very bones." Chains suddenly rattled profoundly which could have been the wendigo trying to get our of his restrains.