Chapter 85 - Genuine and True

3rd person's POV

After yesterday's events, nothing else really happened aside from Aaron telling everyone that he was gonna be an awesome older brother while Elizabeth of-course contradicting. Saying that all he was just going to be was a bad influence if nothing more.

It was somewhat a normal night. Though they did feel a bit agitated about the foreign wolf staying with them at the packhouse.

As for Xavier, he was feeling more troubled that night compared to the others. His brothers' words continuously playing back in his mind about what their father wanted him to do with regards to Diane.

The one girl that he just couldn't help but fall for in the pan of weeks.

On one hand, he understood where his dad and brother was coming from. A werewolf wanting to have a relationship with a girl that was part of a human organization, dedicated on hunting down and killing supernaturals.

Talk about the start of a forbidden love story.

Though to just point it out, he really did have no idea if Diane was in on this. Was she faking everything with the hopes of using him to get some sort of information?? Did she know what he and his friends were so now she was on the mission of killing them??

On the other hand, even as these thoughts racked his tired mind at the possibility throughout the night, he couldn't helped but hope that he was wrong. That his dad and brother was wrong. And if they were, would he still be willing to throw away the though of starting a relationship with her??

She was still part of a family of hunters, that was for sure, but he still didn't feel even a single doubt if he asked himself if he'd start dating Diane.

It was a very hard choice that he had to make. Though in a more logical sense, he knew that he had to follow his dad and brother. A thought that he found himself not liking as he slowly walked the halls of Timberland High with Chase and Isabella walking in front of him.

He hated it. Even Ilios was somewhat bothered by the thought of letting Diane go. But we knew that it was something that we had to do.

"You guys go ahead, I gotta get something from my locker." He said towards the two in front. With Chase just giving him a single nod and Isabella telling him that they'd see him in class, he walked towards his locker. Criticizing himself for almost forgetting to get the books he needed for class cause of being too deep in his thoughts.

"Hey." He jumped when he heard a voice say. His eyes widening when he saw Diane standing beside him as he closed his locker.

"Diane, h-hey. uhh... what are you doing here??" he stupidly asked as she then looked at him a bit confused.

"Well I'm getting to class cause I go to school here like you are." She jokingly said. Making him inwardly facepalming himself at how dumb he was.

"Right... you're right, but uhm... what I meant was...uhh... could I help you with anything??" He wanted nothing else but to disappear by that point.

"Nope. Uhh... I was just on my way to class when I saw you so I was just wondering if you wanted to walk together." She smiled. A light blush on her cheek which Xavier found very cute, only for the though to get pushed out by his brothers' words to him.

"Yeah.. I'd love to but... I just... I-I...I have to go to the restroom first." He said the first thought that came to his mind.

"Oh, I see." She replied. Her tone showing a bit of disappointment before disappearing at her smile. "No worries. I guess I'll just see you in class then."

"Yeah. I'll see you." When she left, Xavier sighed out in frustration. Turning to lean his head against the lockers as he gently tapped on the cold metal.