Chapter 50 - A Sister's Remorse

Mikey's POV

"Hey guys. Anything I can help you with??" I asked. Taking the initiative to talk first since I already have an idea on why they're here.

"Brody told me what happened at Mason's pack. Is everyone there okay??" The detective went to ask.

"Mostly." I said. "Timothy got hurt during and is now healing. The others are fine but, with what Jayden told us, the pack suffered so many losses."

"How many??" He asked. Making me lean back against my chair with a sigh as I glanced towards Brody who slowly looked away when I did.

"Too many." Cole seemed to have caught on at the gravity of what I was saying as his expression slowly contorted into shock.

He took a moment to stay silent as he went into deep thought before Brody got up. Catching all of our attention.

"I'm gonna go see Steven if he needs some help with something." He explained to us.

"Oh, well he's probably with the pack warriors right now. Because of the attack that happened with at Silver Moon, we thought that it'd be better to put Bloodrose at full alert till this threat passes so he's recruiting those who'd be willing to be an addition to the nightly patrols." Cindy went to inform him.

"I'll go see him them. Thanks Cindy." Giving my mate and I a nod, he turned to head towards the door but not before taking a quick glance at Cole who in turn was looking at him as well before turning away when their eyes met.

"Something's definitely going on." I heard my wolf's amused voice in my head say and I completely agreed with him.

"Alright, well I'm gonna go and see what needs helping around the pack after I check on the kids." Cindy also declared beside me.

"Oh, Jay told me that Bella's gonna be staying with us for a while so can you tell someone to prepare a room for her??"

"Sure." She replied. Looking at me with a loving smile before bending down to give me a kiss.

"You're really working hard today. How about I give you a really nice back massage later tonight as compensation??" She then whispered suggestively. Making me gulp since I already knew how her back massage is going to end with.

"Looking forwards to it." Giving her one last peck, she turned to give Cole a smile before proceeding to leave.

"Stay for dinner later Cole." She then said as she closed the door.

After she left, Cole and I went to look at each other before I just shrugged out. Causing him to chuckle which ultimately made me chuckle as well.

"And to think that there was a time that the two of you hated each other so much that there were multiple occasions that she was going to kill you for literally annoying her to no end." He mused.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "And now look at us. Still bickering every now and then but, now married and with a thirteen year old son." I said as I couldn't help but smile at that thought.

"All the problems and strains that we went through as a pair were all worth it in the end." I said. "Cause now we're enjoying our every moment together for the rest of our lives."

I noticed him giving me a small grin before turning to look at nothing specifically, but I could see by his expression that something was on his mind and immediately remembered his and a specific vampire's weird interactions the moment they walked in the room.

"What's going on between you and Brody??" I asked him and watched as he seemed a bit caught off guard by my question.

"What do you mean?? There's nothing going on between us." He answered but it only made me raise an eyebrow in doubt.