~24~ Choices, Choices, Fitzroy

Unedited.

Fitz's face was pressed against cold stone, his head aching something terrible

Fitz's face was pressed against cold stone, his head aching something terrible. He reached for his temples, pulling away to feel his right hand ache. Red marks ran through his fingers and around his knuckles as if something burned over them. A burning from fabric.

It all came back to him in one massive tidal wave. The fighting in the labyrinth, Blur's body, Sofia's hand slipping away from his and pulling Blur's red sash with her.

Then he was in the hands of the Neverseen, fighting tooth and claw until they pressed something against his neck, and the black floor was the last thing he saw.

He pushed himself off the floor, blinking once or twice as his eyes adjusted to the darkroom. He squinted at a dark figure in the corner of the room, silver chains glinting like liquid mercury.

"Staring is rude." A clipped, accented voice mumbled from the dark spot in the room. His eyes finally adjusted, and the moonlight illuminated Maria Morretti casually lounging in the corner. She was chained to the high hells. The Neverseen knew how dangerous a Morretti is. Her wrists and ankles were bound in tight manacles, a mysterious onyx collar around her neck and abdomen.

"Ah, of course. My mind breaker has woken up." She smiled as she rolled out her neck as much as her collar would let her. It was a lazy but defeated smile.

"W-Where are we?"

Maria just shrugged.

Fitz's froze as he stared at her more, paling as he did so. Her left arm had a massive cut going from her mid-forearm up to her shoulder. And by the disgusting color and crusted blood surrounding the wound, no one had taken care of it. Shadows and bruises haunted her face, sweat gleaming down her forehead and dripping onto the scraps of a ball gown.

"What happened?" He only knew the extent of what happened. But no one knew what happened to Maria.

The Madame sighed, smacking her lips and looking around the cell as if a cup of water would manifest in front of her.

"I can't really say. I remember the Conference. The conference room exploded just as we really got into discussions. I left my children to their own devices, I knew they could handle themselves. I believe I left Lilac in Alexios's care." Maria shook her head, leaning back and closing her eyes, "I then remember not so much memories but sounds. The stampeding of feet, my voice as I yelled directions to the exits. The sound of Mirthless roars. They heard my voice. And for some reason, they began to target me above all else." Maria swallowed, "That's when he showed up."