CHAPTER 6

Shay's POV

Around noon, I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was almost 4pm. Since boredom is my only friend, I texted Sylvia to let her know that I'm on my way to meet her at work so we can go to her place together and hang out. I quickly changed into some casual jeans and a light top and called a cab to come pick me up cos I don't feel like taking my car or in the mood to drive. Ten minutes later the taxi pulled up in front of the company's building and I paid the driver and stepped out of the vehicle with the cool afternoon breeze blowing through my hair.

I texted Sylvia again to let her know that I'm waiting for her outside and she texted me back a minute later, saying that she's almost done and she'll be down in a while. For that reason, I went into the café nearby and bought myself an iced Americano and came back out front and waited again. It was almost half past five when she finally texted back that she's on her way down now and I've almost finished my third drink from that same café that now I'm starting to feel my bladder can't handle it anymore other than feeling irritated for waiting so long.

She finally came outside through the automatic glass double doors and I started walking towards her. She suddenly turned to the side and started talking to someone else beside her and my eyes moved to the side and landed on the familiar looking man walking alongside Sylvia. I froze in the middle of the pathway, my mind was racing back to the moment I saw him last which was also the first time I saw him. And then it hits me.

The guy from the elevator.

He was there that day, in the elevator when I was on my way to meet that douchebag on that stupid date. Is this a coincidence? Does Sylvia know him? Does he work here?!

Sylvia turned and finally saw me and she waved at me to come over. I finally forced myself to walk over to them and he suddenly turned his head in my direction and stared back at me. He was more than handsome up close, and the way he's perfectly dressed in a suit with his hands deep in his pockets and hair perfectly styled to the side, it kinda made me think for a moment that he might be someone important that I should know.

I stood beside Sylvia and nervously smiled at her while she grins back at me with her hand around my arm already.

"Sorry I took so long." I shook my head in dismissal.

"Yeah, it's fine." She beamed and stood closer by my side and turned back to the guy who was silently watching us with a blank look on his face.

"Um sir, I don't think you two have actually met. This is my cousin Shay, she's our secretary at the department Of Registrar Of Companies, and she just recently started."

He nods at me with a small smile on his face before looking back at Sylvia.

"Shay." Sylvia dragged on with a hint of charm in her tone while giving me a knowing look.

"This is Mr. Jason Cartwright. Our boss."

No way. Did I just hear her say the word "boss"? How is this guy our boss?! When Sylvia talks about him all the time I was imagining a guy over forties, like a sugar daddy type, which would explain why Sylvia has a crush on him. I was not expecting......him!

She nudged my arm and I finally snapped out of my thoughts and reached my hand out to him.

"Nice to finally meet you sir."

He looks back at me and then at my hand, and finally decides to shake it. It was just a brief handshake but it did something to my whole body. Like an electric spark that also made my heart beat faster.

"Nice to meet you too miss...?"

"Kellen." I quickly said my fake last name. He nods his head once and released my hand and glanced back at Sylvia.