CHAPTER 25

Shay's POV

The next Monday, I finally had the energy to go to work. I woke up early when my alarm started ringing around five thirty and then got ready. Ever since the day that dad and I had talked, I've been busy during the weekend figuring out what to do. If I keep ignoring what dad wanted me to do, then sooner or later he'll find out about my work at Cartwright & Evans and I can't risk that, which is why I have decided to go to work today and resign from there before it gets too complicated. Then, next I'll start packing my stuff in secret and go apartment hunting on Wednesday to get my own place ready when I move out of here.

The plan is all set and I'm ready to get started but the only thing that's holding me back, is the thought of Jason. A part of me wants to still go out with him and maybe after I move out and start living independently then maybe at that time, we would be in an official relationship. But the other half thinks it's a risk if I continue to see him even after moving out cos I know my parents will try everything to make me come back home and I can't let that get in the way of my relationship with Jason. So, I am going to talk to him at work today and end things between us.

I grabbed my phone from the top of the nightstand near by bed, glanced at the time displayed on the screen, and then grabbed my handbag and left my room. My parents already left at six to attend yet another press conference so I easily slipped out of the house and got into my car and drove straight to work. I keep doing heavy breathing exercises along the way because my heart was beating so fast for the reason that I'm nervous for seeing Jason again after so many days had passed. I parked my car and took the elevator up to the floor where Jason's office is, and when the doors slides open I made a beeline straight to Sylvia's office.

She was sitting at her desk typing on her computer and I softly knocked on the door to get her attention. Her face lights up in a smile when she saw me.

"Shay! You're back." She embraced me in a hug and I happily hugged her back.

"Are you feeling okay?" I nodded and held her hand in mine.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What about you? Is Mr. Evans still giving you any trouble?"

She playfully rolls her eyes at me and glanced away to the side.

"Argh, not right now. Jason told me he went on a trip to LA so he won't be back for a while. Thank god." I chuckled and quickly glanced at the office right beside hers.

Their offices are connected and there's a door in Sylvia's room which leads to Jason's office on the other side but the only thing that separates their office space from each other is the blurry glass wall in between. Sylvia caught me looking at Jason's office and her face suddenly turned serious.

"He keeps asking me about you." She informed me with a small smile on her face.

"Of course, I didn't tell him anything. But um, what are you planning to tell him?"

I released a sigh and folded my arms in front of me.

"I'm going to break up with him today." Her eyes widened in shock.

"What? Why?" I shrugged my shoulders and slowly shook my head.

"You know there's a lot I'm going through already. Everything just keeps getting complicated day by day and I can't let him get dragged into my messy life. It's better if we just go on our own separate ways." She frowned at me and sat on the top of her table.

"Do you think, things wouldn't turn out this way if Shawn was still here?" My heart felt a little pang when she suddenly mentioned Shawn.

"I don't know. So, is he here yet?"