CHAPTER 12

Shay's POV

As usual, I woke up the next morning when my alarm starts to ring. It took me a minute to remember that I just got fired yesterday so there's no reason for me to set up my alarm anymore because I have no job now. I angrily switched off my alarm and lied back in bed and stared at nothing but the ceiling above me. I can't believe that jerk! He obviously took his friend's side and fired me just because I told her off. I stayed in bed for another five minutes before I finally decided to get up and get ready for breakfast. No job now which means there's nothing else for me to do and just bore myself to death with lame activities that occupies my time.

I put my hair up in a bun and right before I grab my necklace to put it on, a sudden thought popped into my head. Jason's friend is the reason why I got fired and she will pay for it. I quickly grabbed my laptop and sat on top of my bed and Google her name.

Jaliyah Keng

Her results popped up in the screen and I was surprised to learn that she was a model, but now she's helping her father run their family business which includes a chain of restaurants, hotels and companies. I also found a bunch of rumored dating articles about her with several men. I was a little surprised when I saw that Jason Cartwright was one of them. I slowly picked up my phone and called Shawn. It rang for about 5 seconds till he finally answered.

"Hey Shay, what's up?"

"Where are you?" I asked straightaway.

"I'm on my way to work right now. Why? What's going on?"

"Remember the time you said that you would do anything for me?"

"Um....yeah?"

"Well good, cos I need you to do something for me. I'll email you every information that I have on this woman and you can do the rest from there."

He remained silent for a few seconds before he finally replied.

"What woman? And what do you want me to do about her?"

I released an unbothered sigh and stood up from my bed and walked towards the window.

"I got fired yesterday Shawn. For a very stupid reason and it's all that woman's fault. Now, she's the reason why I got nothing else to do in my life and feel trapped inside this hellhole all over again. That job was my only excuse to go out and now that I don't have it anymore, I don't know what else to do. Please Shawn, I'm begging you. Just this once okay?"

He deeply sighed over the phone and finally replied after a long minute of silence.

"Fine. I'll take care of it."

He ended the call and I smiled to myself before walking out of my room to go downstairs to get myself a nice breakfast. Glad that was done, now I'll just have to wait for that Jaliyah bitch to come begging me for forgiveness.

*******

Around noon, I got bored in my room and decided to hit the gym downstairs to start with my work out routine all over again. I slipped on a pair of black tights, an orange tank top, and my training converse. I stayed in the gym for about two hours, just running on treadmills, releasing some stress on the big punching bag, doing plank holds for more than a minute, and trying out to lift weights too. I heard the door open and immediately sat up thinking it was mom, but my eyes narrowed in irritation at the sight of my sister Shanelle entering the room dressed in workout outfit as well.

"Oh so you are home after all. Thought you left in the morning, running off to secret places like you usually do nowadays."

I scoffed and stood up while grabbing the towel hanging around my neck and wiped off the sweat on the face with it.