CHAPTER 39

Shay's POV

After showering, I strolled to my walk-in closet to put some clothes on and then later watch a movie before going to bed. My phone suddenly vibrates from a message and I quickly checked it out and I smiled to myself when I saw that it was a goodnight text from Jason. I quickly texted him back and then slipped my phone in my robe pocket and that's when I saw my safe sitting on the other side of the room. The thought about the files I kept inside suddenly popped into my mind and I quickly went towards the safe and unlocked it before taking the files and the USB drive out. I placed it on top of the safe and then quickly changed into more comfortable clothes before grabbing the files again and sat on top of my bed and spread out each file in front of me. I grabbed my laptop from on top of my nightstand and opened it and inserted the drive in. I'll go through the files later, what's inside this drive could be more important than all of them.

There was a single folder in the drive with the name "FALCON.GRP SECRET INFORMATION" My heart was already pounding like crazy as soon as I read it and I already knew that I was not gonna like what I'm about to see. I clicked on the folder and two files appeared, both listed as EVIDENCE MATERIAL 1 and EVIDENCE MATERIAL 2. I swallowed down the tight knot forming in my throat and clicked on the first file.

THIS INFORMATION IS HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL!

THE RESULTS: Mr. Shawn Falcon under the orders of Mr. Shaden Falcon.

I kept scrolling down to the next page and the next thing I read formed a tight knot at the pit of my stomach.

SAN FRANCISCO FOOD AND DRUG & ADMINISTRATION

FALCON COSMETICS USED 7% TALC RATHER THAN 1%

My whole body froze and a cold chill ran down my spine. I read that sentence one more time and then three more times but everything was clear and was written in bold right in front of my eyes. I couldn't believe it, I never knew that our company was capable of running the business this way, using this illegal method just to gain profit! I quickly scrolled down to the last page and my heart dropped in disappointment when I saw Shawn's familiar signature at the bottom.

How can he let himself get dragged into this?!

If this whole information reaches the authorities or anyone, everything will be ruined. We will lose everything, including the company. Hell, dad and Shelby can even go to jail for this. A part of me wanted to use this information as part of my leverage against dad so he can let me go and allow me to move out of the house but the other half of me doesn't want to because my brother was also involved in all this. Even though he's gone and he's not here to bear the heavy consequences of all this, I know I won't feel happy or relieved at some point in the end. I don't know why but I'm already getting a deep nagging feeling about this.

I printed out the files from the drive and put it inside a brown folder along with the USB drive and then took everything back to my safe. Something still doesn't feel right about all this and I need to look for answers on my own and looking for answers in Shawn's office could be the start. I quickly ran back downstairs and ignored the weird look that our butler gave me when he saw me running down the stairs, I ran outside and made a beeline towards Shawn's office. I ran in and abruptly stopped in my tracks when I saw the person wandering inside.

"Shelby." She looked at me and then crossed her arms together.

"You come here often. Did you hide something here?"

I put on my normal act and plastered a smile on my face.

"No. I keep forgetting this is your space now, the only reason I come here is because of Shawn. This place makes me feel a lot closer to him. But I don't think I can come often anymore."