CHAPTER 47

Shay's POV

Along the drive to work, I plugged in one of my air pods and dialed the number of a very important client from China, that I was closely acquainted with during his last business trip here to San Francisco. I figured if was going to handle our products in other international countries as well, then starting in our closest foreign branch is the first step. He answered the call a minute later and I quickly started small talk, just asking how he was doing and making sure he still remembers the good time he had spent in San Francisco thanks to my help. He was a client of my father and since I was the only one in the family that speaks fluent Chinese, dad wanted me to stay close to him and showed him around the city and help him out with anything since he was still working on his English.

Dad practically treated me as if I was his interpreter during that time, but it was a good thing I had gotten close to him then he did.

"你不是说你叔叔是新世界城市广场的吗?"

(Didn't you say your uncle owns New World City Plaza?)

"我们正在寻找将我们公司的产品放在那里的方法......我知道......谢谢......我会给你发电子邮件."

(We are looking for ways to get our company's products in there......I know.....thank you......I'll email you.)

I ended the call and pulled my air pods out and slowly pulled in at the parking lot and parked the car. As soon as I got out, my phone starts to ring again but this time, it was Chase calling.

"Hey."

"I confirmed the duty-free stores in SFO for you."

I happily smiled to myself and walked in through the lobby and headed towards the elevators nearby.

"Thank you."

"If you're really that thankful then buy me dinner."

"I should buy you dinner twice, of course. You've been a huge help, I think I'll stay friendly with CC department stores from now on." He chuckled back.

"You have to bring us something good to stay close."

"I'll see. By the way, do you also have connections in China as well?"

"Um who do you think I am? I don't just have the title 'successful and handsome billionaire' for no reason. Do I have connections in China? Darling I have connections in whole of Asia! Google that."

I rolled my eyes at the sound of his cockiness in his tone.

"Can you put some of our cosmetic products in the duty-free in CC Department store in China?" He sighed loudly.

"Isn't a lot already there?"

"Not the high-priced brands, but the low priced ones. The one that haven't gained publicity."

"Will we gain a lot from it?"

"Yeah, might as well expand my share."

"I'll think about it."

"Well think fast, my sister is already working on something big with Jason and I want our method to be better than theirs." He chuckled again.

"What's with all the competition? He alright established a partnership right with you guys so that means we work together, not against each other again."

"There's no way I'm working with Jason. Even if you're both offering something from the same company, I'll rather work with you and he can do whatever the hell he wants with Shelby."

"Why am I the better option?" He replied teasingly.

"Because I never dated you, so no hard feelings."

"Touché. I have to hang up, I have a meeting."

"Okay, bye."

I ended the call and quickly walked towards the elevator that was right about to close.

"Hold the door please!"

The doors quickly slides open again and I abruptly stopped in my tracks when I saw the two people already inside. My heart skipped a beat when Jason's eyes met mine and I quickly averted my eyes to Sylvia standing confusingly by his side.

"Aren't you getting in?" She asked me.

"No." I quickly replied right when the doors starts to close again.

My hand automatically pressed the button on the side and the doors opened again and I looked directly at him.

"On second thought.....why not?"

I stepped inside and stood in front of them and pressed the button for the 13th floor.

"So um....we're just here to attend a meeting with Miss Shelby Falcon. We already met with the client that she wanted us to meet and we're just here to show the finalized signed document with her."

Sylvia informed me in a loud voice. "Great."

I just replied back without turning around to see her.

"Oookay. Guys seriously, I am not claustrophobic but the awkwardness in here is starting to suffocate me!"

I slightly turned my head to the side and shot her a look and turned back around right when my phone starts to ring. I glanced at the screen and saw that it was Chase again, and I quickly glanced to the side to see if he had noticed him calling me. What will he think that I am now working separately with his own business partner?

Wait....why do I care?

I answered the call while being careful with my expression to show that I don't even care that he was still inside the lift with me and I am now about to openly discuss on another business project that I am currently working with his partner that I'm pretty sure he's not even aware of.

"Yeah?"

"I told the international sales team to look over your products."

"Thank you Evans. Remind me about that dinner soon."

"I sure will. I'll keep you updated if there's any new changes."

"Thanks."

He ended the call and I turned off my phone and walked out of the elevator when we finally arrived on the thirteenth floor. He can ask Chase the questions, I just need to do my job and promise myself to carefully avoid him next time, if I seriously don't want these feelings for him to unexpectedly slip out whenever we run into each other.