CHAPTER 27

Jason's POV

There weren't many people inside the café, considering that it was still early in the morning so there weren't many people around and I was glad because of that. I easily spotted him sitting in a far corner alone with his coffee so I made my way towards him. He immediately saw me and was about to stand up to greet me with a handshake but I quickly sat down on the vacant seat in front of him before he had the chance. He awkwardly withdrew his hand and then sat down while facing me with a smile on his face.

"I'm surprised you wanted to meet this early, Mr. Cartwright. So, what can I help you with?"

He took a quick sip of his coffee and it totally gives away how unsettled and nervous he was. I sighed before reaching into my pocket and slipped the white envelope across the table towards him.

"Check your email. Now."

He took the envelope off the table and then checked his phone. After a minute, he puts his phone away and frowned at me.

"Who's the girl?" He questions with undisguised interest in his tone.

"Shay Falcon, ring any bell?" His eyes suddenly widens in surprise.

"The youngest daughter of Shaden Falcon?!" I nod my head once.

"The one and only." He frowned in confusion again.

"What do you want me to do about her?"

I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms while giving him a straight look.

"She works for me as a company secretary. It seems like her family doesn't know since she's working for me under the name Shay Kellen. You can put a little two and two together and do your little magic with your job."

His mouth slowly curved into a smile and he takes his phone off the table and typed something on it.

"You can count on me, Mr. Cartwright. Just keep an eye out for the paper tomorrow."

I shot him a tight lipped smile and then stood up from the table and left the café.

Shay's POV

Waking up in the morning in an unfamiliar bedroom did give me a little shock, but when the memories from last night flooded in my head I immediately relaxed and smiled to myself. Last night with Jason was so amazing that I kept reminding myself when I woke up that it was not a dream. His room that I slept in was proof enough. Plus, I haven't slept this good in ages and it really felt great. I went into the connected bathroom in the room and did my morning routine. I fixed the bed and opened up the curtains to let the bright sunlight in and then went out. The delicious smell that greeted me outside immediately pulls me to the kitchen and I couldn't help but smile when I saw Jason making breakfast inside.

Now this is a morning I could get used to.

I couldn't help it. I felt so happy that I just walked up to where he was standing and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind while glancing at the fried bacon and eggs he was busy making. His body tensed when I suddenly hugged him but then he slowly relaxed after a minute and continued what he was doing.

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"I did, thanks to you though. Thanks a ton for letting me stay last night."

He smiled to the side at me and I released my arms from around him and made us some coffee before walking over to the red bar stools and taking a seat.

"Did you go for a run?"

I quickly asked him while taking in his running clothes that he still has on. He nods at me with a small smile before looking down again.

"Yeah a while ago. So, what's your plan for today?"

I propped my hands up on the table and leaned forward on the counter. I was so engrossed in our moments from last night that I almost forgot what I'm supposed to do this week.

"Um, I'm planning to quit work today." His head snaps up and he looks at me in surprise and confusion.

"Why?"

"My dad want me to work at our company, and he only gave one week to sort everything out before I start working but of course, I'm not going to do it. I'm going to resign today before he finds out that I was working there this whole time and then I'll tell my whole family that I'm moving out."

He placed my breakfast and my coffee in front of me and then came around the corner to sit next to me.

"You seem like you've been planning on doing that from a very long time. So what's your next step after you move out?"

I sipped my coffee before answering him.

"Before I tell them that I'm moving out, first I'll look for my new apartment tomorrow or maybe today if I got some time and when the papers and everything else is ready, then I'll leave the house."

He gave me a pleased smile and starts eating.

"I'll help you look for that apartment."

"But you don't have to."

"No, I will. It's the least I can do for you." I smiled gratefully at him and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you."

We had our breakfast and then we both got ready to go to work. Since my clothes were still at the dry cleaners, Jason surprisingly gifted me new clothes that he said he got me this morning while he was out on his run. His thoughtfulness was admirable and it just makes me fall in love with him even more. The clothes turned out to be a black skirt that ends above my knees and a white silky low cut top with thin straps, plus a white long sleeved blazer. I did my hair and my makeup and then walked out of the room and found Jason already dressed and waiting in the living room. He was wearing a black suit with a white dress shirt underneath, his hair was perfectly styled and a silver Rolex watch was on his wrist. He shot me warm smile and then held my hand before we left the penthouse together.

It would certainly stir some gossip and hot rumors around the company if they see us walking in together and of course some will be good and some will be bad. Since we're both going to work today as boyfriend and girlfriend, I guess we don't really care about what others will say. Jason will certainly don't give a shit since he said it himself that anyone working in his company can date their co-workers or whoever they like never mind their work position, as long as they follow their heart. Which is the reason we're going out in the first place.

I wouldn't mind what others will say of course, since I'm not going to work here anymore starting from today.