CHAPTER 46

Shay's POV

I don't remember how I got back home last night or even how I got into my bed, but one thing for sure is that, vodka gives a mean hangover. I stripped myself out of bed and clutched my head as I groaned all the way to the bathroom to get ready. After showering, my head felt a little better and I slowly get dressed to head to work. My outfit for today was a blood red jumpsuit with thin straps and a white blazer. I put my hair up in a ponytail leaving two thick hair locks out to frame my face and then I did my makeup. I slipped on my white heels and then grabbed my handbag before leaving my room to go downstairs and have breakfast.

To my surprise, Shelby was already there at the table having breakfast alone. She seems to enjoy coming home very often now that she's using Shawn's old office as her own. She has own place and plus two other condos and I remember very clearly that she barely visits us at home when Shawn was still alive. The only time she comes around is when dad requested for all of us to eat together as a family or whenever she wants to see mom. I think she's planning to move back in soon.

She stared up at me as I approached the table and sat down, I thanked the maid for making my coffee and then I acknowledged her with a small smile.

"Morning. Where's Shanelle? Is she still here?"

"Did you forget that we were supposed to hang out together last night?" She asked me with another question.

"I forgot to tell you yesterday that Sylvia and I had already made plans. We went out together to celebrate my first day at the company."

She scoffs and glares at me. "Is hanging out with Sylvia more important that bonding with your sisters?"

I slowly drank my coffee and stared at a distance.

"When did you suddenly care about bonding? I thought you never cared about any of us."

"I already told you-" I quickly cut her off before she could continue.

"I heard that you're working with C&E Holdings now." She silently stared at me.

"He's a good businessman, and since we're on pins and needles right now because Shawn is gone, the company needs a man like him to get back on its feet. Besides, we've already decided to put our differences aside and work together."

I smirked and carefully placed my cup down on the table.

"Even if Jason and I were still together, would you have agreed to work with him?"

"Do you think you're that great? That we would sign partnership deals with just anyone because of their connection to you?"

I gritted my teeth in annoyance and decided to confront her about the most important thing that has been bugging me for several days now. I stared directly in her eyes and she kept glaring back.

"Why did you fight with Shawn that day?" She gave me a furious look.

"Why are you bringing him up?"

I reached inside my handbag and grabbed the folder inside, I pulled the document out and passed it across the table towards her.

"This was one of the things Shawn had left behind. I was going to ask right away but I had to ponder on it for a while, so here it is."

She stared at the paper for about a minute and then looked back at me. "What the hell is this?"

"The lawsuit I mentioned last time? It had ended. We won." She quickly faked a smile.

"Of course, because nothing was wrong."

"Aside from this document, I also have a USB. I kept thinking about it, I think this had something to do with your fight with Shawn that day. It also seems like it has something to do with Shawn's death."