CHAPTER 59

~1 MONTH LATER~

Shay's POV

You know that feeling you get after accomplishing something in good that made you feel like a new change has happened in your life?

That's exactly like how I'm feeling right now. A lot of things have happened last month and thinking back to the difficult tasks and life issues that I've handled all by myself made me realize something; I've changed. My life is slowly starting to feel normal again and I feel happy these days and on top of that, I am now the new Executive Director at work! It didn't take a lot of convincing to do to make dad give me Shelby's position since he was already considering the option before I could even come up with that idea.

He had been monitoring my work and was very pleased with the great outcome of my ongoing project and that is why he had promoted me to be the new executive director. It ended up as a win-win situation in the end for Shelby and I, she didn't end up losing anything and I didn't get fired and dad released a public statement at a company press conference last week that Shelby is now the new CEO of Falcon Group. If she had felt very happy and satisfied about that, then she did a great job at hiding it but everyone knows that she had finally got what she wanted from the beginning. We haven't talk to each other in days ever since our last conversation a month ago at the hospital when dad got hospitalized, and that was a good thing. I don't feel like speaking to her either.

The next day when I got ready for work to start my first day as the new executive director, I literally felt something had changed. Both at home and at work. The atmosphere in our house have become peaceful and livelier these days and it still feels strange to get used to it. Shelby had moved in to Shawn's office space on the 17th floor at work while I moved into her old office but I decided to get it renovated a little bit because my mood changes to gloomy every time I walked into that office.

I also decided to upgrade my wardrobe as well and today I decided to wear a champagne satin button front suit tucked inside a black silky skirt that ends at my mid thighs, to work. I arrived at my usual time and walked down the hallway towards the elevators and I feel delighted to start off the day with a great mood. I took the elevator up to the 15th floor and once I arrived, I walked straight towards my office. As soon as I opened the door and walked in, the freshly painted dark pink walls greets my eyes. I closed the door behind me and slowly take in the new setting and view of my new office. Everything looks amazing and I was already falling in love with the new look.

I sat down in my black and comfortable revolving chair and twirled the chair around so I can admire the skyline through the big floor-to-ceiling glass window behind my desk. My phone starts to ring and it immediately snapped me out of the daze and I twirled back around and grabbed my phone from inside my clutch bag. 'Chase' was flashing across the screen and a smile automatically appeared on my face before I answered the phone.

"Hey Chase."

"Hey yourself, congrats on the big promotion. Well done."

Typical Chase. Always learning new things before we could even tell him.

"Thanks but I still can't thank you enough for helping me out these days. I really appreciate it."

He chuckled and I could hear the mischievousness in his tone.

"Am I hearing this right? Shay Falcon is thanking me for my kind generosity?"

I rolled my eyes while smiling.

"Oh please! I'm only thanking you for telling me about Jason to help me with my project and that's it."

"Ouch, don't I get enough credit?"

"Not as much as Jason. I'm planning a surprise for him to really thank him this time, don't you dare tell him anything!"

He scoffs loudly.

"And why would I do that when he's not even with me? I'm at home right now and I tried calling him a few minutes ago but it led me straight down to voicemail. He should be at work by now and probably in a meeting or something."

Great. At least he'll be distracted by something today and I'll have plenty of time to plan my surprise.

A short knock sounded from the door and I looked up and saw it was my new assistant Andy. I nodded for him to come inside and he shot me a smile before closing the door gently behind him.

"Okay. I've gotta go, I'll call you later okay? Bye Chase."

"Bye."

I switched off my phone and turned back to Andy.

"Hi." I greeted with a beaming smile.

"Good morning ma'am, here is the list of our close business clients that you have requested. I've also edited your schedule of the day, is there something you would like me to add?"

I shook my head while accepting the red folder from his outstretched hand.

"No, but I'll let you know if there's anything new that'll pop up." I softly replied and he nods his head once.

"Thank you Andy, you may leave."

"Yes ma'am."

He swiftly turns around and walk out of the room and as soon as he closes the door, my phone starts ringing again. I flipped it over the table and smiled again when I saw that it was now Jason who was calling me.

After going out for dinner a few weeks ago, we've been talking ever since. We didn't really decide to get back together straight away after our 'heated' make out session in the elevator after our dinner and ever since then, we've only went out for lunch and coffee a few times and one day it just occurred to me that, I'm the only one that needed more time to face my real feelings and give our relationship a second chance.

Jason was willingly patient with me and all he did was wait for me to say yes. I've realized that, I've been taking more time than necessary and in some ways, it's not fair for Jason as well. But my heart has healed, our bond has become stronger than ever, I feel happier these days and I do still miss my older brother but then again, there's nothing else that I can't handle. If I can give myself a second chance to keep living in my reality, why not do the same when it comes to love?

So I said yes. Jason and I have officially got back together and some things have also changed between us and I like that.

"Hey."

"Hey baby, what are you up to?"

I blushed at the sound of his deep husky voice.

"I'm already at work, what about you?"

A small pause.

"I'm arranging a small surprise for you."

"A surprise? For what?" He chuckled playfully.

"You'll see. Are you free around noon?"

I quickly turned towards my computer and opened my schedule on my desktop. I scanned my list of appointments for today and felt relief when I found that I had nothing scheduled around 12 to 2pm.

"Yep, I'm free. Why? What are you up to?"

"It won't be a surprise if I tell you. I'll come pick you around lunch break, see you."

"Okay."

The line went dead before I could add another word and I wondered about what kind of surprise he could possibly be planning for me today. I chuckled and gently shook my head before opening the file in front of me to get started on my work and pushing the thought of Jason's surprise right to the corner of my mind.

How is he planning a surprise for me when I was about to do the same for him? It's so funny. Nevertheless, I just can't wait to see him.