CHAPTER 19

Shay's POV

I softly knocked on the door and tried to balance the huge pizza box in my hand with the bottle of rosé on the other. Ever since that night during out company dinner, I've had developed a strange liking to rosé which is so not part of the list of wine that I usually like. A minute later, the door finally opens revealing Sylvia in her sweats with her hair in a messy bun on the top of her head. Plus, there were flour prints on her cheeks as well.

"I thought you went home already." I smiled and quickly nod my head happily.

"I was about to but then something amazing happened which is why I'm here to celebrate!" She eyed the things in my hands and then her mouth slowly curved into a smile.

"Well you're in luck, I just finished making some goodies."

She stepped to the side for me to go in and I quickly did while making my way straight to her kitchen super curious to find out what she was making before I came. A loud gasp left my lips when I saw the delicious and warm chocolate cupcakes displayed on her counter.

"You didn't!" She smirked at me and grabbed the pizza box from my hand.

"Yes I did. The plan was to bring them to you tomorrow but since you're here now, help yourself."

Sylvia knows I have a crazy addiction to chocolate cupcakes ever since I was a teen, but since I can't involve them in my diet I had to force myself to stop. But it's not helping when she made them look so yummy with thick chocolate icing on it and recently taken out of the oven so, maybe it wouldn't hurt just a little bit to try them out just for tonight.

"So, what's the good news?" Sylvia asked curiously.

I walked towards the counter and sat down on the barstool while placing my handbag on top. I waited for Sylvia to finish getting the plates and the wine glasses and after we've had a few bites of pizza and a few sips of wine, I started to tell her what happened a few hours ago. Her mouth formed a perfect 'O' after I finished telling her everything with a surprised look on her face.

"No way!" I nod my head enthusiastically.

"Yes way."

"I can't believe he just easily turned everything around just like that. Like damn.....he's actually good."

I smiled and sipped my wine slowly, but when a sudden reminder popped into my mind I groaned out loud and ran my fingers through my hair.

"What's wrong?"

"The thing is, we have to put that date on hold because I'm leaving tomorrow remember? With Shawn?"

Her eyes slowly widened in realization and she leaned back away from the counter.

"Oh right. But what's all this about again?" I sighed and lean my head on my hand propped on the counter.

"He's going to Hawaii for a vacation but dad just want him to be away for a while till everything cools down at the company. So he asked me to go with him and I can't say no because he's still my brother after all and I would do anything for him. Problem is, I already said yes a few weeks ago."

She made a noise with her tongue and slowly shakes her head.

"How long will you be there for?" I shrugged and sat up straight.

"After a week because I already applied for a leave from work and that's what it says in the slip." Her eyes lit up and she suddenly sat up straight and picked up her wine glass.

"Well that's great, while you're away I'll make sure that Jason will only be occupied with work and if any of his girly friends starts showing up then they'll have to go through me first."

I chuckled and grabbed my wine glass and clinked ours together. I know she means well when she said that so I repeatedly told myself that nothing is going to happen while I'm away for a week. I can trust Sylvia because after all she was the one that had told me to keep feeling this way for Jason because she'll respectfully push aside her own because Jason likes me back.

I just hope everything remains the same when I get back. Including Jason's feelings for me.

********

I happily sat in my seat and glanced out the window. The SUV's that brought us to the runway have finally left and Shawn walked down through the aisle and sat down on the plane seat in front of me. He quickly thanked the air hostess that finished pouring the champagne in our glasses before walking away. He turns his attention back to me and grinned broadly.

"I'm happy that you're coming with me. I know I'll die of boredom if I go alone."

I mustered up the energy to smile and heavily leaned back in my seat.

"Well that's why you have me." I looked out the window and forced the smile on my face to remain intact.

It's not that I don't want to go with my brother to Hawaii, it's just that the timing feels so wrong. I know that I'll always be thinking about him when I'm there but I also want to show my brother that I'm excited to be on this vacation with him not just for his sake. But how am I supposed to do that when he's always on my mind wondering what we could've been doing if I didn't go on this trip.

He sighed heavily and my eyes snapped back to him.

"Okay, that's it. I know you don't wanna go with me so just spit it out." I frowned and quickly sit up straight.

"What? No! I do wanna go with you to Hawaii." He gave me a look and I quickly glanced down at my entwined hands resting on my lap.

"It's okay, I know you shay and I can read you like a book. So if there's something else you were supposed to do today then go. I'll be fine on my own and I don't want you to feel troubled or anxious if you come with me. Go and do whatever you were supposed to do with that guy you like. Just be careful, okay?"

I wanted to feel happy but I kinda feel bad for my brother for going on a vacation alone. I grabbed my coat and stood up and gave him a hug.

"Thank you, I love you Shawn! I promise I'll make it up to you when you get back." He chuckled and motioned for me to go out.

"Just go already before the jet takes off." I plastered a huge kiss on his cheek and waved him 'goodbye' while making my way out of the plane.

"Don't have too much fun without me!"