CHAPTER 58

Shay's POV

Time quickly went by and before I knew it, it was already six in the evening and the reminder of our dinner suddenly popped into my head. He offered to pick me up from home so I quickly left my office and hurried home to get ready. After showering, I picked out a dark emerald dress from my closet along with a pair of black high heels. I put on my outfit and then sat down in front of my vanity to do my makeup, then after I'm done, I slipped on my heels and grabbed my purse lying on top of my bed before leaving my room.

My parents were sitting quietly inside the living room and dad was aimless staring at the tablet in his hands while mom was sitting across from him reading a book with a wine glass in her hand. She looked up when she saw me and she winked at me causing me to smile. Dad suddenly looks up and he frowned upon seeing me all dressed up and ready to head out but he didn't say a word and looked back at the screen of his tablet. I left the house and strolled down the driveway and saw Jason's familiar Porsche parked outside the main gates and he was standing outside.

He was wearing a pair of long and sleek black pants with a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his forearms and two buttons unbuttoned at the top, his hair wasn't usually styled but perfectly disheveled that made him look very handsome. Seeing him braced by his car with his arms folded while staring at me coming towards him, makes my heart beat faster. The security guard opened the electric gates for me and I walked out and stood in front of Jason. The corners of his mouth lifted in a smile and he leaned towards me and placed a kiss on my cheek causing me to blush uncontrollably.

"You look beautiful." I smiled upon hearing the sweet compliment.

"Thank you."

He opened the door for me and I got inside the car before he closed the door gently. I fastened my seatbelt while he got into the driver's side and started the car. The drive to the restaurant was quiet and none of us could come up with anything to say except the constant glancing and smiling at one another and since I have no idea where we're even going, I focused my attention outside to try and figure out where we're heading.

He swerved the car into a gravel path and dark trees starts to surround us. I frowned and glanced confusingly at him.

"Um, where are we going?" He looks back at me and calmly gave me a smile in return.

"It's a surprise, you'll see."

Okay, this was not what I was expecting. This is clearly the beginning of a scene from a murder movie! I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and stared directly at him.

"You're....you're not bringing me here to kill me are you?"

He laughed and suddenly swerved the car to the right and bright lights suddenly came into view. I looked out the window and my jaw dropped open in surprise when I saw that there was actually a big restaurant right in front of us with golden lights everywhere and dozens of cars parked by the side. People were dining outside around tables aligned in two rows and waitresses and waiters attending to the few of them carrying wine bottles and some placing their meals on their table. This was a real fancy restaurant right here in the middle of nowhere.

I awkwardly glanced back at Jason and found him already staring at me while smiling with amusement.

"Kill you at a restaurant? Now that would make me a very stupid amateur murderer don't you think?"

I smiled apologetically back at him.

"Sorry. It's just that......it was so dark on the way here and these scenarios just automatically popped into my head."

He chuckled and looked away.

"I get it. Shall we go?"

I nodded and released my seatbelt before getting out of the car. Jason walked by my side and he gently held my hand while we walked towards the restaurant. The familiarity of his touch gave me comfort and make me feel at ease and a girl attendant suddenly greets us before guiding us towards an empty table nearby. We both sat down while she handed us the menus and then left our side so we can browsed through the meals selection in private. She came back for our order and Jason and I started talking about the restaurant and he starts telling me how he found out about its location and how he came to check out the place a few nights ago and knew straight away that he wanted to bring me here someday.