CHAPTER 26

Shay's POV

It's funny how situations can quickly change in a quick span of time and expect things to happen in a particular way, but then it didn't turn out the way you thought it would be. Your mind could be telling you to stop but your heart is telling you to go on. I guess the reason why I had let that happened this morning was maybe because I had listened to my heart, because today before I even left the house I've been rehearsing everything to say to Jason in my mind. It's weird how a single moment can easily change everything so fast that I went from crying and spilling the truth (Wasn't planning to though) to kissing him and now sitting in his car completely enveloped in silence leaving me sorting out my thoughts alone.

I didn't get to resign from work today because the minute we left the rooftop, we talked in his office and he didn't let me leave till now when it's time to get off work. He offered to drive me anywhere since I told him that I didn't wanna go home yet and we haven't stop anywhere so far and I actually think it's a good thing because I really needed the long drive to clear out my head. The sound of my ringtone broke the silence in the air and I quickly reached into my handbag to take out my phone. I frowned when I saw Shelby's name flashing across the screen.

Well this is weird. Why is she calling me at this time?

"Hello?"

"Shay. Where are you?"

"Nowhere in particular. I'm driving right now so what is it?" She sighed loudly making me frown even deeper.

"There's something I need to talk to you about. What time will you get home?"

"I'm not coming home tonight."

"What?" I can hear the frown in her tone and saw Jason glancing to the side at me.

"I'm not coming home tonight. We can talk next time, bye Shelby."

I ended the call and exhaled a sigh before leaning back in my seat. Jason glanced back at me with a smile and I chuckled and tilt my head to look outside my window.

"That felt great. To tell them straight about what I want and what I think, I wasn't able to do that when my brother was still around. Maybe because I had gotten used to the way he'd always defend me and take my side during tough situations at home."

His hand suddenly grabs mine and he intertwines our fingers together, making me smile.

"Well I'm with you now so you have nothing to worry about."

His words warmed my heart and I lightly squeezed his hand and grinned happily at him.

"By the way, what do you tell them when they asked where you are when you're working?"

"I tell them I'm at the gym, or going for my Pilate classes. Sometimes I tell them I'm at Sylvia's place if I'm really there." He chuckled lightly and glanced at me again.

"And they never know?" I nodded.

"Yep."

He suddenly stopped the car and I looked out the window and noticed that we're parked right in front of a huge apartment building. Jason unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car and I also released my seatbelt and stepped out of the vehicle when he opens the door for me. I looked around and saw Jason passed his car keys to the valet posted near the entryway and he placed his hand on the small of my back and led me inside.

"Do you stay here?" I asked him as soon as we entered the huge lobby inside that has golden lighting that radiates warmth and luxury.

"Sometimes. I have another apartment and three other condos." He replied coolly.