CHAPTER 49

Shay's POV

The meeting with our client took longer than I had expected, we finally left that restaurant nearly half past five in the afternoon and because we had finally succeed in making him work with us and also feel a bit exhausted, we decided to head to a bar to celebrate our first successful meeting together. Chase ordered a whiskey on the rocks and I ordered a bloody Mary instead, we clinked our glasses together and slowly sipped our drinks in comfortable silence. I suddenly remembered about Sylvia, and now that Chase is here and we're both not at work right now, might as well invite her to come so we all hang out together and I can finally introduce them to each other. Although she might not like it but it's still worth a shot. I grabbed my phone from my purse and browsed through my contact list for her number.

"Mind if I invite a friend to join us?" He suddenly looked at me.

"What friend?" I called her number and turned to the side to face him.

"My best friend." He smirked and sipped his drink.

"Is she hot?"

"Not your type so don't even think about it." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Honey everyone is my type, including you which is why we almost got married in the first place. So what's her name?"

"Sylvia." He frowned while looking a bit thoughtful.

"Sounds familiar, what does she do?"

The call didn't go through and I dialed her number again before answering him.

"You know her, since you like to order her around." He spluttered in surprise.

"Excuse me?" I playfully glared at him.

"She's working at your company. As Jason's PA." His eyes slightly started to get big.

"Oooh that one. I was wondering when I will ever meet her, she's got quite a mouth on her though. Sure, tell her to come over."

I rolled my eyes and perked up in surprise when she finally answered her phone.

"Hey."

"Where are you? I'm at the bar with Chase right now so wanna join us?" She lightly groaned.

"Chase who?" I frowned and glanced at him, she sounds kinda drunk already.

"The Chase Evans, wait what are you doing right now?"

A long pause.

"I'm also out having a drink right now."

Well this is a weird surprise. She never goes out alone by herself to get a drink.

"With who?" Another long pause.

"Um.....with Jason."

My hand automatically grips the phone tightly when I heard his name. Why are they out having a drink together? It doesn't sound right at all, is he also trying to use her too? I hung up the phone and threw it on top of the counter while Chase curiously stared at me.

"Is she not coming?" I downed my drink and signaled the bartender for a refill.

"No, she's not. Apparently she's already having drinks with Jason."

He started to chuckle. "Wait, didn't you just say she's your best friend?"

I nod my head and pulled my refilled glass towards me on the counter.

"She is, but I don't mind if she won't disrespect him for my sake because of what he had done to me but I just don't like that he's hanging out with Sylvia more than necessary. Even outside of work too."