Chapter 10 ~ "Did You Push Me?"

"Annie!" I hear with some knocks on my door and I squint an eye open to the early sunlight coming in through my window. It's not super early, my clock says it's almost ten. 

"What?" I call back, falling back into bed with a huff. I was up late last night in a homework hole, it was Saturday morning now and I was all set up for the next week of school.

"Can I come in?" I hear Mark call and I sigh, pulling the blankets up to my neck.

"Fine." I mumble, sinking back into bed. My door opens and I sigh, squinting at him through half open eyes. "What?" I grumble and he chuckles.

"Not a morning person, huh." He remarks and I shake my head, still clinging to a little bit of sleep. "Get up and get dressed." He says, standing over my bed and shoving my shoulder.

"Why?" I mumble, rolling over and he laughs.

"Because we're all going to the lake today, now get up and get ready to go." He chuckles. "We do it every year on a nice weekend to celebrate the start of term, now come on." He says, shaking me around quickly and I roll my eyes.

"Mark, I'm tired. You don't have to bring me." I sigh and he chuckles.

"No way Annie, you're not missing it because you stayed up all night." He insists and I groan. "It'll be fun and you can go to bed early tonight."

I roll over on my back and look up at him standing beside my bed. "Fine." I sigh and he grins. "When do you want to go?" 

"Be ready in thirty." He tells me and I wince.

"That's not long enough." I mutter and he chuckles.

"We're headed to the lake, not the Met Gala. Now get up." He insists and I sigh, slowly sitting up. "You'll need a swimsuit." He calls, waving and heading back down the hall. 

I shake off my sleep and I suddenly realize I need to get ready. I groan and pull myself out of bed, walking down to the bathroom. I get ready to go, doing my skin routine, brushing my teeth and handling my hair. It's so wavy and tangly that at this point, there's nothing more to do then put in a little bit of product and twist it into a bun.

I walk back down the hall and sigh, looking through what I had in my drawers. I'm trying to remember if I brought my non-work swimsuits from home. Not that my work suits were particularly full coverage, with most of them the back was entirely open. But they were nice and for the pool, I must have something with me that's normal.

I find a two piece in the bottom of the pile. The top and bottom were light purple and the bottoms were fairly high-waisted. I had a little softness around my stomach, I didn't have that perfect flat stomach, but I also liked pizza way too much to care. These bottoms were flattering on my hips.

I make sure my door's closed and I pull both pieces on. There are certain occasions when I'm thankful I already work at a pool, my legs are shaved. I quickly pack up a towel, some sunscreen and a few essentials in a backpack and pull a long t-shirt and comfortable shorts. I'm not sure what lake we're going to and I want to be comfortable.

I put on my sandals and grab my keys, phone, sunglasses and a baseball cap, walking out to the main room.

"Hey Annie!" Dustin says excitedly and I smile. "Can you give us a hand to get this cooler into the car?"

"Sure." I smile, finally feeling less grumpy about being woken up. I help Dustin carry the cooler full of beer up the stairs and once it's in Walker's open trunk, he pushes it inside.

"There, we're pretty much set." He sighs and I smile.

"Is anyone going to fill me in on this 'tradition' I've heard nothing about?" I tease, walking back into the apartment and Dustin chuckles.