Partner Project (lemon + fluff)

Y/N POV:

I'm walking home from class when I hear an all-too-familiar voice call from behind me.

"Hey Y/N!"

Fuck, not him again.

He eventually catches up to me, clutching my shoulder seemingly to keep himself steady.

"Man you walk fast. Class just ended 2 minutes ago and you're already halfway to the dorms."

"It's not really that far, C/N. What do you want?"

"Yeesh someone's on edge today. What's got you cranky?"

"Nothing."

I'm already ready for this conversation to be over.

"Hey Y/N?"

No.

"Before he could catch you, the professor got me and said we had to work on the project together. Apparently it's to get my grade up since youre one of the smartest people in class."

Seriously?

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, I was shocked when he said you were one of the smarter ones too, Y/N."

"Wait, how was that part shocking to you? I was on the debate team for all four years of high school."

"So?"

"You were literally on the same team. You saw how often I won."

"I don't see your point."

"Well, what evidence do you have of me not being smart, C/N?"

"Wasn't it you that accidentally friend zoned Dayton last year when he was asking you out?"

"How did I friend zone him if he never liked me?"

"He said that he liked you."

"C/N, he meant as a friend."

"When he told you that he said he meant more than that."

"He probably meant best friends."

"In what world does that mean anything other than a crush?"

"Wait he had a crush on me?"

He facepalms and shakes his head.

"Nevermind. We're at the dorm building."

We go into the building and head up to my dorm with our computers. I lock my door and sit on my bed, opening my computer.

"Alright. What topic did he give us?'

"He said we have to do a report on the last three chapters of the book."

"Marvelous. Did he say we had to review any specific topics? Ornis it just a free for all?"

"All he said was it shouldn't be more than a page and a half long or we'd get a zero."

"Makes sense. Alright. What do you wanna talk about in it then?"

*~time skip~*

"Y/N he that's not how the time machine works."

"How would you know that? You didn't pay attention to a good half of the book."

"I'm not stupid enough to believe whatever you came up with."

"I never said you were stupid, C/N."

"Well you did earlier."

"I never said anything about you though. All I said was that I'm not."