Static (angst)

psychokillerleyu request

A/N 1: There will be mentions of possibly triggering events later in the story, which will be labeled with ⚠️ emojis both before and after. If you are triggered by mentions of death or a car crash, skip that part.

Y/N POV:

I walk through the front doors of the school, immediately searching the room for C/N. I don't find him near the entrance, so I decide to start looking elsewhere.

I beeline to the nearest bathroom, examining the small room.

"C/N? Are you in here?"

After a few moments of silence, I step out of the bathroom and look through the hallway. I look through every small group of people next to the lockers in hopes of finding him. When I still don't find him, I start to get an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Please let him be here. Please let him be here. I miss him so much.

I make my way to another nearby hallway, noticing that it's almost empty. I take out my phone, quickly opening his contact and messaging him.

"C/N???"

After a minute or so without a response, I start panicking a bit more and message him again.

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Please talk to me. I need to know you're okay."

I turn my phone off, putting it away and beginning to look through other parts of the school.

~*time skip*~

I eventually get to the cafeteria, on the brink of tears since I still haven't found C/N.

It's been ten whole minutes already. Where on earth is he?

I search the crowd of students at the different tables, still not finding C/N. Panic starts setting in at the realization.

He's not here.

My heart starts pounding, my breathing starting to get heavier. Panicked thoughts race through my mind, immediately running through the possible reasons for his absence.

Is he sick? Is he hurt? Did he get into a crash on the way to school? Is he dead?

A particularly worrying thought passes through, my breath hitching as my eyes burn with hot tears at the thought alone.

Does he not love me anymore?

As I'm about to start breaking down, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see the source of the tapping and I see C/N standing there with visible concern on his face.

"What's wrong, Y/N? Why're you crying?"

I feel my panic and stress immediately evaporate at the sight. I wipe the tears off of my face and pull him into a tight hug.

"You weren't here."

"I was running late, sorry baby. I'm here now, though, right? You don't need to cry anymore."

~*time skip*~

I walk out of my first class, my fingers intertwined with C/N's.

"You're coming over after school, right, C/N?"

I playfully ask him the question, despite already knowing the answer. I smile widely at him, looking at him expectantly.

"Actually, I can't today."