Darlin' (lemon + fluff)

ar1xisu request 2/6

Y/N POV:

I walk out of the department building, looking both ways before I cross the street. When I don't see any cars driving by, I speed walk across the street and approach my car. I look around, making sure nobody's watching as I get inside. I buckle myself in and drive away, going down the main road.

The silence of the car gives me room to let my thoughts go uninterrupted, unlike when I was in the chaotic environment of the police department.

How am I supposed to do this?

A wave of dread washes over me as I realize the predicament I'm now in. I know have to decide where my priorities lie.

Do I turn C/N in, or do I keep doing my job and keep up my reputation?

I sigh to myself in anger, tightening my grip on my steering wheel in retaliation.

Why do I have to be the one to take care of the case against C/N? Why not literally anybody else? C/N's my boyfriend, for fuck's sake!

I turn into the empty alleyway, driving slowly as to not rise any suspicion. I park my car behind the empty house a few places away, stepping out of the car. I carefully approach an 'abandoned' building, knocking the code on the door. I wait for a few moments before hearing an unidentified man's voice speak through the door.

"Name?"

"Y/N. C/N's boyfriend."

"Oh, yes, of course, Sir. Just a moment."

After a few more seconds, I hear the clock of the door unlocking. I push the door open, quickly closing it behind me. I see the staircase leading down to the basement and make my descent, holding the handrail attached to the wall.

Once I'm at the bottom of the stairs, I turn to my right and see a dark brown door with a sign that reads 'authorized personnel only' on the front. I gently turn the doorknob to the side, opening and shutting the door behind me. I look up and see my lovely boyfriend, C/N, sitting at his desk.

"Oh, hey there, darlin'. Go ahead and sit down."

I sit down in the chair across from him, looking up at him and meeting his eyes.

"Did you need something?"

I take a breath and nod.

"Yeah. I have a problem."

"You do?"

I nod again, watching as C/N opens the drawer where his gun case is kept and reaches down to grab it.

"You know the drill, Y/N. What are the names?"

My eyes widen with surprise as I frantically shake my head.

"No, no, no. Not that kind of problem. Sorry, I probably should've clarified what I meant."

C/N chuckles lightly and looks back up at me, smirking mischievously and leaning closer to me. He looks up and down my body before landing on my face again.

"I mean... I can lock the door really fast if that's what you really want to do right now, darlin'."

I look at him confused for a moment before realizing what he means and blushing brightly, shaking my head as C/N laughs.

"I don't mean that kind of problem, either. It's an issue with work."

"Alright, alright. Seriously, now. What's going on?"

"Basically, they found out that you're the boss of the mafia."

C/N takes his head in his hands, huffing in frustration.