Loveshot (angst + slight fluff)

ar1xisu request 4/6

⚠️ HUGE HUGE TRIGGER WARNING: USAGE OF KNIFE/GUN, MAJOR VIOLENCE, MENTION OF MURDER⚠️

Y/N POV:

I pick up my bag from the floor, unzipping it and searching through it and making sure I packed everything I need. Once I know I have everything, I zip the bag back up and put it over my shoulder.

Let's get this bullshit over with.

I walk out of the apartment building, scanning the area until I find the poorly-maintained, overgrownsidewalk. The sidewalk in question leads to a nearby park, long forgotten and lost in time. It's been completely abandoned for the past two decades.

I eventually approach the entryway to the park, the arch completely covered with vines and other different kinds of native flora. Certain spots on the ground are damaged, either cracked through impact or through natural causes. The playground equipment is rusted and dull in color, slightly eroded through time.

I take a deep breath and look around, my mind racing.

Should I really do this? Did the thing C/N did to me really harm me enough that I have to resort to this? Not even really to me, but to the organization. Was it really important enough for C/N to have to die?

I realize the thoughts I'm having and shake my head rapidly, forcing them out.

I have to. I have to pay off my family's debts somehow. Even if it means someone else has to be sacrificed.

I step through the entryway, knowing there was no longer an option to go back. I have to keep moving forward, no matter how much my heart aches at that knowledge.

I continue moving forward, examining the park until I find the landmark C/N and I decided on in our agreement. I walk over to the landmark, leaning against it and checking the time on my watch.

He should be here any minute now. He's normally very punctual.

Before the rational portion of my mind can wander much farther away, I hear the sound of C/N's footsteps coming in my direction.

"Y/N, you know I don't want to do this."

"I don't care."

"We don't have to fight."

I turn to him, my face expressionless and cold.

"Yes, we do."

"Why? What valid reason is there for us to fight, Y/N?"

"Your organization can't keep their noses out of our business."

"I'm not the organization, though."

"You're still part of it."

"It's not my-"

I know what he's gonna say. He's trying to guilt trip me.

Rather than letting him try to stop me, I wind myself up and deck him. C/N stumbles backward, holding his cheek.

"Of course it's your fault, C/N. You're part of the organization, so you're just as guilty and corrupt as the rest of them. You can't lie to me, C/N. Not again."

I tackle C/N to the ground, taking the collar of his shirt into my hand.

~*time skip*~

I push C/N against a nearby tree, the force of my shove making me take a few steps back. I swipe my hair out of my eyes, panting as sweat drops run down from my forehead.