FWB (lemon)

Anonymous request
C/N POV:

The bell to the last class before lunch rings, and I shoot up from my seat to head to the spot under the unused staircase, where Y/N, (friend), and I usually meet to hang out at lunch. I notice that Y/N is there by himself first, and I sit next to him.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Oh hey! How's today been for you so far?"

"It's been pretty good, what about you?"

"It's been alright- oh (friend) is coming. Hi!"

I see (friend) walk in and smile at him.

"Hey guys."

(Friend) sits on the other side of Y/N, and we start talking. Our conversation starts off a bit boring, but eventually we're practically cackling and can't catch our breath.

"And then- and then he-"

Y/N couldn't finish the sentence without starting to laugh again. I start laughing with him since his laugh is contagious. I notice (friend) staring at Y/N while he's laughing and give him a confused look, but he pays me no mind. (Friend) grabs Y/N's hand gently.

"Has anyone told you that you have a really cute laugh?"

A pink color begins to dust Y/N's cheeks at the compliment.

"Not really, thank you."

I look at (friend) with a stern expression as soon as Y/N turns his head directly toward (friend). (Friend) simply raises an eyebrow at me and continues looking at Y/N like he's the last star in the sky.

I feel anger and frustration begin to stir as I try to keep my composure.

He knows I like Y/N. Why is he looking at him like that?

I see Y/N starting to turn and face me and I quickly change my face, plastering on a fake smile. He doesn't seem to notice anything different and continues talking about some story that I'm not able to catch all the details of.

Y/N starts laughing about something else, and I notice the way he laughs with his whole body, slightly rocking and moving his head about while his voice echoes through the room. I can't help but faintly smile at how cute he's acting.

Of course, (friend) decides to hold onto him.

"Careful, Y/N, you might fall over if you move around like that."

I look down and notice one of (friend)'s hands on Y/N's thigh. I have to take a deep breath so I don't lash out at (friend), at least not in front of Y/N.

"You okay, C/N?"

"Hm?"

I hum in response, as I didn't hear what Y/N said.

"I asked if you were okay. You've been quiet for a while and I've been concerned."

"Oh, I'm okay. Thank you for checking."

He nods and continues talking. Not much time passes before (friend) decides to, once again, interrupt Y/N in his excited ranting.

"You know, it's a wonder you're still single. Anyone would be lucky to have you as theirs."

I give (friend) a deadpan look to try and tell him to stop flirting with Y/N, but he just smirks at me and keeps gazing at Y/N. Y/N simply laughs and continues his story as if (friend) didn't say anything.

(Friend) is making Y/N uncomfortable.

"Hey, Y/N?"

He looks up at me when I call for him.