My Turn (fluff + slight angst)

latteking254 request

Y/N POV:

"Remember, C/N, if you don't want to cook, there's chicken nuggets in the freezer. They love those. There's also the microwavable mac and cheese in the pantry in case they're still hungry."

"I know, Y/N-"

"They also need a bath tonight. The blue body wash is Jenna's, the red one is Luca's, and the green one is Leah's."

"I understand-"

"They go to bed at eight o'clock at the latest. Any later than that and they won't sleep at all. I-"

"Learned that the hard way. I know, love."

"Yeah. Anyway, if you need me to come home, please do not hesitate to call me. I will rush home to help as soon as I can-"

"Baby."

C/N gently takes my face in his hands, smiling softly.

"I've got it. I can take care of the kids, okay, Y/N? Everything will be okay. I've got it under control."

"Are you sure? There's no harm in me staying here instead."

"Yes, I'm sure, baby. Now go on to your business party. Have fun with other adults for once. You barely ever get the chance."

C/N ushers me out the front door, handing me my bag and giving me a quick kiss as I go.

"I love you. Drive safe, okay?"

"I love you too. I will."

C/N POV:

I watch with a fond smile as Y/N gets into his car and drives away. I stand there for a moment before going back inside & closing the door. I take a breath and look at the kids, my eyes slightly widening when I see the way they look up at me silently.

What do I do now?

"Where's Papa, Daddy?"

Jenna's looking up at me curiously, blinking at me.

"Daddy went to see some friends, Jenna."

"What friends?"

Luca tilts his head to the side, a skeptical look on his face.

"Friends from work."

"How long will Papa be gone, Daddy?"

"I think he'll be gone for a few hours, if I remember right."

Leah whines and stomps on the floor, crossing her arms.

"A few hours? That's not fair, Daddy."

"He'll be back soon, Leah."

"That's gonna take foreverrrrrrrr."

Leah nods in agreement with Jenna's complaint, whining loudly. I approach Leah slowly, getting onto my knees in front of her and taking her hands into mine as I meet her at eye level.

"I know you're upset about Papa not being here tonight. I can see why. Papa's usually the one taking care of you. He's not here tonight, so it feels weird. I'm here, though. I'll be watching you guys tonight. Okay?"

Leah looks at the floor, jutting her bottom lip in a pout.

"Leah, remember what Papa and Daddy say when you're upset. Take deep breaths."

I give Luca a gentle smile, feeling a surge of pride when he references to something Y/N and I taught them. Leah nods, pursing her lips as she takes deep breaths and tries to calm down.