chapter 19

Last time

Glynda:if you do anything I'll keep you in a bubble the whole time we're here do I make myself clear?

Ruby;crystal

*Ruby said rubbing her wrists as she walked next to glynda now having a whole new mental problem to deal with, ruby felt unsafe*

Ruby "stupid witch making me come here without self or defense..."

Now

Summer: what are you two doing?

*Summer rose asked with an amused expression on her face as in front of her was yang carrying ruby by her shoulders, and ruby grabbing the cookie jar with freshly made cookies. Ruby turned her head and looked at her mother with her mouth stuffed with the chocolate chip delights*

Ruby;run!

*Ruby said in a muffled voice, Yang didn't need to be told twice as she ran away holding ruby for dear life. Summer smile grew as she chased after them quickly grabbing them both, yang tossed ruby who landed on her feet*

Summer: gotcha you little thief!

,*Summer said with grin as she started to tickle yang who laughed*

Ruby:yang!

Yang:run ruby hahaha I'll....i'll distract her! M..mom stop it ahahaha!! Save the cookies!!

*Yang yelled as she struggled to free herself from summer's tickling embrace. Ruby looked at yang and then at the cookies she knew her dad would be here in a few moments to join summer's attack. Ruby huffed and placed the jar down running with her little legs to save her sister*

Ruby: I'll save yang!

Present

*Ruby was taken out of her old memories when the cookie she was dunking broke in half thanks to too much milk. Ruby ate what remained as she looked out the window*

Ruby"should've left her to get tortured by tickling"

Glynda:penny for your thoughts?

Ruby:it's nothing, just thinking about a pathetic weakling

*Ruby thought looking back at her old self with disgust. Ruby grabbed her cup and drank a little of the hot chocolate. She pursed her lips in a light frown. She took her flask out and made a Irish hot chocolate. Glynda saw that and gave a deep frown*

Glynda:you know the negative affects that alcohol has on a child? Your mind is still not fully developed

*Ruby ignored her and drank almost half of the new drink in one gulp before taking a satisfactory sigh*

Ruby:ah, now that just taste right. And to answer your question that doesn't apply to me

Glynda:really and how so?

Ruby:part snake remember? I can regrow body parts including parts of my brain takes a mighty long time to do it though

*Ruby lied not wanting to give who she saw as a enemy anything she can use against her*

Ruby"I don't need a repeat of last I trusted someone. Like daughter like mother fucking raven next time I see yah I'm shooting that sword hand of yours"

*Ruby thought darkly, Glynda took her out of her mind and back to the conversation*

Glynda: yes I can imagine, though it's a very impressive ability but I thought only certain reptiles can regenerate like that and snakes aren't one of them

Ruby:well now ain't that something huh? Guess I'm just special

Glynda:I can take a hint you know, if you don't want to talk about it you don't have to I'm not gonna force you too