Part 1

🎨

The paint splatters onto the canvas like a wave crashing against the shore. Painting angry gives the best results, unless it's a piece I need to sell of course,

I've been working on a certain painting for months now.

Trying to perfect a face that is far from perfect is a really difficult job, but if it makes him proud of me then that's all that matters.

My Father, Ellis Gracia has always been a man nobody fucks with. He has no heart, not even for his children.

"What are you doing?" A small voice whispers from behind me. Shit, Luka.

"Fuck Luka you can't be in here. The paint is dangerous if you inhale it. Go outside and I'll come and sit with you in two minutes." I say, rushing him out of the door.

If he had inhaled any of this it could seriously damage his lungs, even more than other people. Luka my brother was born almost 2 months early and he was barely hanging on.

He got better but his lungs didn't.

As soon as I take off my mask and step out the door Luka is sat on the stairs waiting for me with his little orange curls.

"Liliana! I missed you all day can we play cars now?" I feel awful, I haven't played cars in a while but I really need to work on my paintings so I can make some extra cash.

My painting career is the only thing keeping me motivated recently, finally being independent again and not having to rely on my fathers money is such a thrill and a "fuck you" to my father who doesn't even bother with my life, I'm just a show kid to him and it sucks but I am determined to make him proud one day.

"We can play later, I need to finish this piece for a client Luks." He stomps on the ground and punches my thigh. "I hate you, you never play with me, Dad said you always think about yourself before anyone else."

"Luka! You don't hurt people, say sorry." He storms off crying out for Dad, which luckily he isn't here right now, he's in Kansas City on a very important business trip or something.

I have lost all track with him and his life, as soon as I can afford to move out I'm buying the first house I fucking see just to get out of this mansion.

***

As I'm scrolling through TikTok a loud screech echoes through the walls of Warlock house.

I rush out of the art room to see the maid in a panic, she's frantically looking for someone who clearly isn't here.

"Liliana find Luka now."

I don't question it, begin running down the halls, whatever that screech was, is in this house and close by because as another screech reaches my ears.

It's closer and it's coming from my brothers room.

Landon my older brother flies out of the door in only his underwear. "Seriously do you ever put clothes on? We have neighbours who don't want to see your shit stained asshole."

I roll my eyes and continue, "what happened? Where's Luka?"

He doesn't answer me but he points into his room where a random lady is holding a scramble of paper full of poetry in one hand and in the other, a lighter.

"What psycho did you attract this time?"

Landon is always finding new girls to pick up, ones who only fuck him for the money he has and the sport he plays. Fucking ice hockey. Stupid terrible sport.

"Ignore that, Luka is in there with her and she's about to burn the fucking house down Ana, help me."

Putting Luka in danger is something he has done before and I'm not surprised it's happened again with the way he is.

I step into the room which smells of smoke and marijuana, hoping to not get burned to death.

"Hey, what's your name?" I look between this crazy blonde bitch and Luka hoping he will crawl out of under the table and towards the door while she's distracted because god knows what she will do.

"Elizabeth. Why?" Fuck okay I'm stressing.

"Hey Elizabeth, how come you are holding my brothers poetry hostage?"

I'm gonna kill my brother if she fucking doesn't.

"He cheated on me, then called my a different girls name while he was inside of me." Sounds fair then, burn it.

Is what I want to say, but Luka is still not moving.

"I didn't cheat on you Mar- Elizabeth." Landon isn't helping at all.

I see flames light up on the corner of my eye and my first thought is to tackle her but she could definitely just set me alight too.

"Landon. Leave the room." I say, hoping he will listen to me for once. "Let Luka go please Elizabeth, he's 5 years old. He doesn't need to be seeing this."

She nods and Luka bolts towards Landon, I watch them both walk away, so I turn back to the crazy woman.

"Elizabeth, if you want to get back at him I understand, but please can we go outside. I will help you burn the stupid poetry just come on, let's do it outside so we don't burn the house down?"

She lets go of the lighter, releasing the flame from sparking and she scrambles towards me, "can we start this fire outside then?" Holding the paper she smirks. I don't know why I kinda like this girl.

"Let's go!" I smile back, knowing Landon has copies of all his poetry hidden away in the library.